1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tire sources

Discussion in 'References' started by nick, Oct 4, 2007.

1. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

You're right, the tractor tires are also rated at 10 mph. The Carlisle 4 plys have a 590# load rating at 28 psi. (load rating might vary with brand)

-Hiram

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

BUYER BEWARE: I have heard of alot of people being scammed by this company including myself. e-mail me if you need details. Besides they are not a site sponsor, after all they are the ones that make this forum possible.

3. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Seller Beware: If you know of someone that has been scammed then have them contact me with my personal email at the bottom of the page. I will make it right if at all posible.

4. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Yes my tractor tires have a speed rating of 25mph... Ive had them 40mph+ on gravel country road. No problems.
    Load rating is around 660 per tire...Ive had it loaded with wood, tires dont even bulge any....
    It definatly gives new meaning to the phrase..."this thing gets around like a tractor.." ....;)

5. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Ok we have the problem solved. We have two types of wheel on order that are an actual 4/100mm hole pattern. They will both be here in the first part of February. We will test them and ship them out!

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

You know what? This is ridiculous? I have had several people PM me stating that I'm on your side and you should just let it go because my reputation on this site will be ruined if I keep on going around telling everyone that xroads ripped me off. Then MAGICALLY the "all powerful" X-Roads admits there is a problem and everything is OK. Give me a break! I guess I'm putting my reputation and my $$ on the line to protect the rest of you and all I get is some behind the scenes "We agree but aren't willing to do anything about it" People.... TAKE A STAND AND FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!! To give Corys team some credit. I didn't just go out and pick the first person to hit me up for a sale. I did extensive research and chose x-roads because I heard they had the best prices and the best service and stood behind their products and they were willing to do whatever it takes to do to make you happy. The website stated a GUARANTEE. This meant to me that I was protected no matter what went wrong. That people.... is what makes a company better than any other company! Sadly though, I have to say that this wasn't my experience. What good does a GUARANTEE do if there is no one to stand behind it. I am not trying to get rich off the fact that Cross Roads had a Guarantee. Believe me when I say I would have been the first person to Glorify him and his team for providing outstanding customer service if I had received it especially after what had happened. All I did was politely ask "What are you willing to do to make this right?". I made no demands, nor did I ask for my money back. All I wanted was some answer that didn't cost me more $$$ (After all that's what a guarantee is) and all I recieved was a "Prove it doesn't work" and "What exactly is your problem?" and "I do not apoligize" Cory, I still have the email conversation. It doesn't look too good for you. For the sake of my reputation I will say it. "I'm sorry Cory I did not want it to come to this" P.S. I'm still willing to glorify you Cory. Kiss Kiss

God Bless,

Greg

7. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

I may have miss-typed. There is no problem with the 4/4” wheels on a 4/100 wheels. We have put them on many trucks and I put them on my own personal trucks. I can have nearly anything I want on my personal trucks and I use these very wheels. What I meant by problem is that those that would like an actual 4/100 will be able to have that if they like. But I have to state again that there is no problem with the 4/4” wheels on the mini trucks.
    I would also like anyone that believes they have been scammed or knows anyone that believes they have been scammed to contact myself. If at all possible I will make the situation right. I don’t want anyone to think they where scammed by Crossroads, and I would never scam anyone.
    I have proposed what I believe is a more than reasonable solution to Greg in his private email.

8. jeremysmithpt

jeremysmithpt New Member

will the 10" wide carlisle all trails fit on the stock wheels? i have found some that are on clearance for $45 each. just wanted to make sure they would fit before i bought them......

9. myhijet

myhijet Member

The tires will physically fit on the rim but they will not work. The sidewalls will be at an angle which will make the bead tip and probably not seal properly, and the wider tire may rub the vehicle. I have a 97 hijet. My 23-8-12 rubbed the front strut spring. I made a spacer to move them out about 1/8". Now they rub the radius arm when turned to the stop either direction. So my opinion is to not do it. I also contacted carlisle and they said that the tires weren't designed for 50mph. I am still going to keep them. I really like the tires. I can go almost anywhere.

10. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

You may be able to get the 10.5" wide All Trails on the stock rim with a lot of dificulty. They will severely bulge, and myhijet is right. They will then interfer with the struts. I would not recomend it. The only tire we recomend for the stock wheel is the 23x7x12 ACT.

11. jeremysmithpt

jeremysmithpt New Member

thanks mihijet and xroads. i was thinking the same thing (to much angle for the bead to set properly on the stock wheel). i think i will go ahead and get a set (8" for the front and 10" for the back) and order wheels for them later. i dont think i will find them any cheaper anywhere else. i can get the set of 4 for about $170.

12. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Tire source

I have just ordered (4) Carlisle All Trail 25x10.50-12 tires from ATV Direct. They have the best delivered price that I have been able to find. The (4) tires cost 319.96 delivered. ATV Direct offers free shipping on orders over $200.00. They are shipping UPS Ground. The website is http://www.4atvtires.com.

Hope this is not one of those "too good to be true" deals!...:D

13. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Was wondering if 25's would fit on a 93 suzi with a 2 1/4" lift without having to cut anything out? Im planning on putting them on some 8x12 itps.

14. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

jbarv,

Not without cutting. I have built a 5" lift and can fit 23x10.50-12 tires on 12x7 Douglas wheels with a 4+3 offset (4" to the inside).

I am trimming a very small corner on the inside of the fenderwell "just in case". I should have no problems fitting the 25x10.50-12 with the slight triming.

15. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Thanks, I was kinda afraid of that. The 23s I have on now look like they have plenty of room, but you never know and I dont wanna shell out $400 on a maybe.

16. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

jbarv,

You will have to trim the fenders. It is the best option. If you keep going up until you don't have to cut anything then the lift gets rediculus. It is not hard to do.

To fit 25s you need 3" lift.

17. Gawdzuki

Gawdzuki New Member

18. SMURF

SMURF New Member

Tire size report

Just a follow-up note about my choice of tire size.
    I picked up a nice set of Honda 5 spoke rims (6inch wheel width) and mounted a set of Michelin 185/70-13's winter tires.
    I noticed a decided reduction in top end speed as I lost what appears to be 15-20 % power level.
    The reason is I suspect attributed to the increased width (friction) and size (6th gear feeling). I also noticed that in 4WD I really lose power with top speed down to 80 kph which rises to 90 kph in 2WD. I really miss the power and high spinning 12 inch tire/wheel original set-up.
    Mind you that's on flat level; if I can get even a slight downhill I can get my speed up to 90kph. But the killer is on almost ANY up-hill grade where I drop to 4th gear just to get over the hill at 40kph. (4000 rpm)
    OH! And the speedometer now clocks out to read 6% lower than actual road speed and this is verified by a GPS.
    Another thing... my door jams now fill up with fine gravel as the tires stick out further than the fender rims.
    I think a better size might have been 175/70-13.
    For a real-time size comparison to avoid any problems or to try a new size tire.
    Visit: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Good Luck!
    David , 1992 660cc 5 speed Subaru Sambar

19. myhijet

myhijet Member

First off, I run 23-8-12 all trails.

I still have them on.

I contacted carlisle and they said the tires are weight rated at a max operating speed of 10mph, for any weight. They also said that 50mph is beyond the design of the tire. I then suggested a dot tire in the 12 inch rim size for the mini market and that note was passed to the product manager at carlisle.
    As a side note, anybody noticeed less gravel and rock noise as the tires wear a bit?

I'm still not taking them off.

20. Colin

Colin Member

Suki660 - what you describe is exactly what I experienced when going from my 12s to 175/65-14s. It's a bummer. I'm considering a SC/EFI swap. :)

Can't wait for summer.

Colin

21. BudMan

BudMan New Member

OK, may be a dumb question. Does anybody know if Discount Tire has,or can get wheels and tires for the mini-trucks. My local store had me do a job for them, and the agreement was to pay me with products or services. I am shopping for a mini now, and could save some money, if discount can get what I need.

22. Colin

Colin Member

I bought my snow tires at a Discount Tire outlet - had them installed there, too. The guy who pulled the truck into the bay seemed weirded out - he had me back it out when the job was done. :D

Colin