1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire options?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by AnthonyMoth, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Colin

Colin Member

Look at the close-up shots of the exhaust stack on the bright green truck - seeing that was what made me begin to realize these guys weren't 100% top-notch. :D

Colin

2. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

Photo_010908_002.jpg

These are the tires I just got installed. They are GREAT in the mud and snow, but are loud on the road at speed. I have them mounted on the stock rims.

3. speedy67

speedy67 Member

Need more info on those tires....what brand, model, size, where'd you get them, what did they cost?

I can imagine they'd be noisy. Kind of a chunky tread block they have. I don't imagine they'fd do well on ice or a slippery sidehill.

What is the original application for them?

And as far as the exhaust stack on the lime green truck, it is poorly done. Kind of a redneck thing anyways doncha think?

4. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Those are a little different than mine Yardscape. I dont know how to post a picture here, but there is a close-up in the photo gallery of my tires.

5. speedy67

speedy67 Member

Here you go, IJ.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  6. gbrad

gbrad Member

Hi Yardscape,

Can you post info on those tires? Where you got them, price, etc?

Thanks,

gbrad

7. fremontminitrucks

fremontminitrucks Gold Supporting Member

They look like tractor tires, many of these you can get at TSC

8. speedy67

speedy67 Member

9. gbrad

gbrad Member

Thanks, Speedy.

I've got that link. The ones Yardscape is showing are a little different.

gbrad

10. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

Sorry about the lack of info. My truck is kept in town to plow with and I forget to write the info down between 5am and 11am when I'm plowing. I will get it soon. I gave $50 each installed from a local dealer.

11. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Thanks Speedy, I didnt know how to do that. Those are the same tires that you posted the link for that are on ebay. I paid $200 and some change for them installed from a local tire distributor. They ordered them in for me.

12. AnthonyMoth

AnthonyMoth New Member

Theres a suzuki carry for sale in my area, that is insured for road use with carlisle all-trails on it. There not DOT approved so I guess he just decided to take the risk and run them?

13. frostback

frostback Member

All Trails are not speed rated and I doubt they were designed to go 100kmh. ICBC would void his insurance if anything happened so he's taking a gamble there as well. I've been having a hell of a time finding a suitable DOT offroad tire that is any less than 27" tall. :frustration: Make due with snow tires for now.:)

14. speedy67

speedy67 Member

He must have had it inspected with the proper tires, then switched them out for the All-Trails later.

Question? Does he have the A-T's mounted on aftermarket wheels? Maybe the standard ones are available and come with it. Maybe it's not presently licensed and he just included the fact that it can be licensed as a 'plum', as well as the fact that he has off-road tires with it.

With most ads, you pay by the word, and he didn't care to go into detail.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  15. frostback

frostback Member

They certainly do look better with some ATV tires, as long as he informs prospective buyers they are not for street use.

16. AnthonyMoth

AnthonyMoth New Member

Actually I never saw it in a ad, just in person. It was parked in a parking lot in the victoria/esquimalt area. Yes it had aftermarket wheels, they were ITP SS Aloys. I stopped and had look at it cause there was a for sale sign on the back. Its there almost every day usually around 9-5 ish..I think the owner works across the street. Good lookin truck but too pricey for me.

17. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

pminiplow004.jpg

Finally remembered to write the info down.

They are Titan Trac Loader, size 5.70 - 12. 4 ply and good for 60p.s.i. They are not DOT approved or speed rated. Mine are mounted on the stock rims.

They are great in the snow and mud. If you need to keep the tires narrow for some reason, like I do, and can stand the noise at higher speeds, I highly recommend them.

18. AnthonyMoth

AnthonyMoth New Member

19. nightair 98

nightair 98 Member

I have several set of mud and snow tiers dot approved brand new never4 mounted.call me at 4403154149

20. volkswagen50

volkswagen50 Member

For what it's worth, I spent several hours last night looking for tires on the web. Of all the online dealers of Carlisle tires, tiresavings.com was the cheapest by far. Cheaper than any e-bay store or auction on the same tire and size. They also carry a brand called Sigma. Sigma makes lots of OEM signature brands, so maybe they are alright? The have a 4 ply AG tire in 6-12 for 36 dollars each. It says available in extra heavy duty but I couldn't find any info even on Sigma's homepage.

In the UK I found a knobby type rally tire on a companies site, "ears motorsports". They sell a tire brand called Hakka. When I imported Austin Minis four years ago I had a UK company ship over some Minilites (copies) that even with the shipping already mounted on rims was still several hundred dollars cheaper than anyone in the states. The Uk pound at the time was 1.57 dollars, so things have changed abit, but for oddball rally type tires, the brits have it all over us.

Personally, I'm going with the Sigma's for mud stuff and turfmasters for dry conditions. I don't work for any of these people, but I was up till 2am looking for the cheapest. Greg