1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing belt

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by the pou, Apr 28, 2014.

1. the pou

the pou Member

I was going fishing this week-end , while driving at 60 km /h, my timing belt snaped!!
    Now, i am wondering if i did any damages to the engine(valves, pistons etc.)Any of you ever lost the
    Timing belt on the run, and did you damage anythings??
    I wil order this morning the belt,water pump, tensioner,crank and cam seals.
    I have a1993 carry i hope it will be on the road soon.
    Thanks

2. the pou

the pou Member

Im back on the road. It was an easy job, I was worring for nothing. The mécanic guy from mini4x4.ca told me that
    The valves will not touch the pistons if the belt let go on the run...I gest he was right, the truck runs perfectly
    I did not even check the valves clearence or the timing.. I wil do that later on this spring.
    The reason my belt brooke, from what i can figure, there was a hole in my timing belt cover, i think a small rock got in, and snaped the belt. Ichanged the damaged cover.
    For the wather pump and the seals i wil whaite a couple of years, everything looks new in there.
    Now, i wil be back in the bush for speckle trout fishing!!

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That sure is good news,I thought sure you would at least have to replace some valves.

4. Patbox

Patbox New Member

Bonne nouvelle the Pou,

have a nice fishing season now, we are still on solid ice up here so ...:( salut