1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throttle pull down - rpm drops too slow

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by wheelio, May 22, 2020.

1. wheelio

wheelio New Member

First I want to thank all posters on this site for sharing their questions and answers that help so many.

I have a 1994 Hi Jet S110P EF-NS and i am having trouble with the rpm's not coming down fast enough after the clutch is depressed while shifting. I think it may have something to do with the "fast idle pull off" but i cant find more info. I have checked for vacuum leaks near the carburetor with brake cleaner and propane and found none. I considered replacing all the vac lines but they are still flexible and Seriously numbered.

I keep looking and will update my post if i find what vac line pulls the throttle down.

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

Have you inspected all the vacuum lines? The ones that where cracked on my truck looked fine from outside. But on the. Cut end there was cracking from inside out and the cracks where with the length of the hose. If your rpm doesn't drop you may have a lean condition.

3. wheelio

wheelio New Member

The vac lines checked out but the carb linkage was a little sticky so cleaned it all up. Not much better so i tried adjusting the carb. It is a bit better, idle drops faster, slightly less power. Still think i need a vacuum gauge, labled diagram or photo and adjustment procedure for my carb. Im having trouble uploading an image of carb but will try again later. Might reach out to Reese Allen i heard he might have the same model truck we have met before and i think lives nearby. getting closer