1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of importing your own mini truck...???

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by abcminitrucks, Jun 3, 2007.

1. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Becareful, Getting the proper customs permits can be tricky. If you don't do it right you won't know till the a customs agent knocks on your door and demands that you return the trucks to Japan or face a hefty fine. They will let it thru the port on the original delivery, but many times the proper paperwork has not been filed and they will demand the trucks be returned to Japan...not matter who owns them, it is the importers responsibility to recover the trucks at what ever cost is necessary and ship them out of the US...can be very costly...

Many of these so called exporters in Japan are out to make a quick buck and know that you will hold the burden in the US if things are not right....for example, all the dirt and debris must be washed off the trucks before they are put in the containers in Japan. If they arrive in the US and they customs inspector finds them dirty, they will reject them....or they will force the importer to unpack the container and wash them and them re-pack it. This will cost you....not the exporter in Japan....and cost $1000-$1500 to have it done...I know, I have been there....

So just be careful, it not as easy or as cheap as they want you to believe.

2. fujian

fujian New Member

What's the importing like for Canadian's? Things I should look out for?

Is It possible get the vehicle out of port, inspected, then registered all in one day?

3. Hullroad

Hullroad New Member

The only way they'll get my truck is after they pry my cold dead fingers off the wheel......:rolleyes:
    This kind of intimidation of our citizens is bull crap.......I understand you have to go by the rules and do thing right but a mistake can happen..........MAN.....they act like you are bring in a container of illegals......Oh wait we can do that......:frustration:

4. fujian

fujian New Member

What truck do you have?