1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermostat location

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jreay, Apr 22, 2012.

1. jreay

jreay New Member

I've search and i can't find any threads that specifically say where the thermostat is located on the 93 suzuki carry.

Where and how do you change it.

Thanks

Edit: found it, and broke the bolts off. Now what...

:mad::frustration:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

That's nasty,
    If you're asking how to fix it then you probably don't have the tools or skills to do the job. Can you bring this to a shop that will do it for you? If you are going to tackle it I'll help you out, but the way to repair it is obvious, there's no magic fix here. Start by spraying the studs with wd40 and heat the base sides with a torch (I'm guessing you don't have one, so go buy one), then respray while hot. Do this every couple of hours while you're in the process of removing the center cross plate. You'll have to clear the area in order to have enough room to work with hammer and drill in a vertical position. You'll need a center punch to mark the studs for drilling, and if it has had enough time to soak, you may be able to crack the threads free with just a bit of shock trauma.
    That'll get you started.