1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "General"

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Didn't you post some great pics on that!

2. ShawnC

ShawnC Member

Hey guys, while searching the site for camber issues I ran across this post about the gun grabber and being a hunter I am always looking for ideas. The gun grabber seems like a good idea. I ended up getting the Kolpin double gun bed mount made for Polaris along with the gun boots. I ordered two heavy duty 6"x8" brackets designed for mounting granite countertops to mount the bed mounts to so I can still lower or remove the bed side rails. The boots will totally protect your rifle/shotgun from rain/dirt. The L brackets just arrived so will post pics when all installed.

With that said, still need help with camber issues on 2 inch lift I just installed. CV joints are binding in reverse as well.

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  3. Limestone

Shawn,
    We've been using the Kolpin, interior padded, hard plastic, Gun Boots, made for Polaris, for a long time now, on our 4-wheeler Quads! I like them, because were in all kinds off weather hunting in PA.! I plan on mounting a couple on the Mini eventually, when I finish getting her completely rigged up! Do you have a negative or positive Camber? So if our wheels, tires, are supposed to be parallel, and the bottoms are a wider, or more longer measurement than the top, than this is a negative camber, and if the top measurement is longer, then this is a positive camber! I know when I finally get around to adjusting mine, which has a slight positive camber, where the tops are kinda leaning outward, I will do whatever I have to to fix it! If specialized Camber Bolts, which are oblong don't do it, then I will cut, and weld, and or fabricate, whatever I need to, to fix it! It's the same way that they do it on a custom, made car, and race cars! You have to do a little thinking outside the box, with these things. If there is no factory adjustment provided, which, I don't see that there is! Sometimes you just have to go for it!
    Limestone

4. ShawnC

ShawnC Member

Its a positive camber. I adjusted the lift as far as it would go and still have the issues. Going to do the alignment and try the specialized camber bolts and see what happens. I was hoping with the 2 inch lift I wouldn't have an issue, it seems some trucks do and some don't, no rhyme or reason.

5. Limestone

Shawn,
    I have the same problem! Mine isn't an every day driver, and when I get into the seat, some of it disappears, as I'm close to 200 lbs. Naturally not enough to make it correct, or right! That's why I will fix mine when I get a minute or two! If mine were an everyday driver, and I drove it on the freeway at higher speeds, I wouldn't be using it or driving it, without wearing out the tires! I didn't see in your profile if yours is an everyday driver or not!
    Limestone

6. ShawnC

ShawnC Member

Limestone, mine is not an everyday driver, strictly a hunting truck and used to drive around the very small town I hunt in. The hunting property is about 8-10 miles from camp so that is most of the hard road driving. It definitely will not get a lot of miles put on it but it will get driven a couple times each month.

7. Limestone

Exactly! Now I understand your situation! If you put it in your profile, under signature, it will help others too! So were in the same boat! I bet you get to yours before I get to mine. It really won't be that bad, once we jump in, and evaluate, and do it! I plan on taking pics, and posting it when I do get to it, hopefully this Winter in the shop! I'm hoping you'll do the same!
    Limestone

8. ShawnC

ShawnC Member

I will do that, thanks

Limestone likes this.
  9. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I didn't have any issues with binding on a 2" lift, but I do have some camber issues, although 85% of my use is off road. It would be nice to find some offset ball joints for one of these. The thing I like best about the gun grabber is that it is completely out of the way when the gun is out of it.

10. Limestone

The Gun Grabber is a great idea! I truly love it! Place it in the right spot out of the way, yet easy access when needed!

11. Ohkei Dohkei

About to spend a whole week with the General. I'll try to take some videos of the deer hoist if we have success....

Limestone likes this.
  12. Limestone

Didn't Take time for pics, video's or any other Shtuff! 3 Hunters! Me , My oldest Son, and his Buddy! 2 Days, 6 Deer! My, Son And I! Sent my Sons friend home to practice, after missing Two!!! I don't need shooters! I need HITTERS! Didn't even unload the Mini, 4 Wheeler Fast and Furious!!! Came Home, pouring rain! Beat the Storm! Next Day lake effect, 12 inches of Snow! All's Good! Good Luck!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  13. Ohkei Dohkei

I have returned from a week in the woods and the General did great. I did have an episode where Ohkei Jr. decided to jump in and start it up in reverse with the drivers door open so I have to work on door hinges in the off season. One nice deer for the week.

14. Limestone

As you know the Door can be fixed! Quality time with Jr. is what it's all about! Glad you got a Deer!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  15. Limestone

Ohkei,
    Keep Creating Memories! Down the Road when Ohkei jr. reminds you of them. the Smiles are Priceless!:):):)
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  16. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Every time he opens that door he’ll be reminded of him :p

17. Limestone

Hahaha!:p:p:p! Good One! Very True!:D

18. Ohkei Dohkei

It looks like the lower door hinge was bent a little. It should be an easy fix for the boy..

19. Limestone

Yeah, it's a great way to learn! The good news. No boy's hurt, it's all fixable!
    Limestone