1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "General"

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

About to spend a whole week with the General. I'll try to take some videos of the deer hoist if we have success....

Limestone likes this.
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Didn't Take time for pics, video's or any other Shtuff! 3 Hunters! Me , My oldest Son, and his Buddy! 2 Days, 6 Deer! My, Son And I! Sent my Sons friend home to practice, after missing Two!!! I don't need shooters! I need HITTERS! Didn't even unload the Mini, 4 Wheeler Fast and Furious!!! Came Home, pouring rain! Beat the Storm! Next Day lake effect, 12 inches of Snow! All's Good! Good Luck!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  3. Ohkei Dohkei

I have returned from a week in the woods and the General did great. I did have an episode where Ohkei Jr. decided to jump in and start it up in reverse with the drivers door open so I have to work on door hinges in the off season. One nice deer for the week.

4. Limestone

As you know the Door can be fixed! Quality time with Jr. is what it's all about! Glad you got a Deer!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  5. Limestone

Ohkei,
    Keep Creating Memories! Down the Road when Ohkei jr. reminds you of them. the Smiles are Priceless!:):):)
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  6. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Every time he opens that door he’ll be reminded of him :p

7. Limestone

Hahaha!:p:p:p! Good One! Very True!:D

8. Ohkei Dohkei

It looks like the lower door hinge was bent a little. It should be an easy fix for the boy..

9. Limestone

Yeah, it's a great way to learn! The good news. No body's hurt, it's all fixable!
    Limestone

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  10. Ohkei Dohkei

The door was fixed with a little flexing and massaging. New brake pads and a quart of oil and its ready for another deer season. I'm a little concerned about the use of oil considering the miles put on it, but it purrs like a kitten.

11. Ohkei Dohkei

another quart of oil in 2 years. I'm pretty sure it's the valve seals, so I'm not concerned. I tried to replace them, got 1 cyl, but couldn't get the other keepers off using air to keep the valves closed. I just plan to run it as is until it gets worse.

Limestone likes this.