1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "General"

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Was it designed for a Sambar or custom mounted?

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

No, it was for a Jeep Wrangler. I bolted it to the winch plate that I welded to the front crossmember. It'll push limbs out of the way, but I wouldn't try to push start a F250 with it.

Limestone likes this.
  3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Clint Eastwood said that a man has to know his limitations! Sound like you know yours, Ohkei!:) Gonna go work on keepin that darn virus away!

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  4. Ohkei Dohkei

Well the wife took the Sambar for a spin and she is taking it to work tomorrow since she is a teacher and her school is driving around the neighborhoods of the kids they teach as some sort of parade. She only turned on the wipers 4 times!

Limestone likes this.
  5. Limestone

God Bless all the teachers, as well as all the people in the Medical Field, Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue, and any one dealing with the public during these trying times!
    Limestone

6. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

Or just dealing with the public ever!

Limestone likes this.
  7. Limestone

I agree completely, that's all the more reason I take walks in the woods, hunt, fish, etc...!

8. Ohkei Dohkei

Yep, it's going to be a tough few weeks for our medical heroes.

Limestone likes this.
  9. Limestone

Ohkei,
    Just to clarify, I hit the like button, because like you, We so much respect and prey for all First Responder's! In no way do I like what's going on out there, and wish everyone the best!!! I just liked, and respect, your coment!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  10. Ohkei Dohkei

Yep, we are on the same page!

Limestone likes this.
  11. Ohkei Dohkei

My son and I have spent the last 3 days in the turkey woods. I drove it around for 2 days and the fender flares worked like a charm and kept 98% of the mud off of the truck. All my tire rub issues have been resolved and the world was good. My 16yo son took it out solo on day 3, and it came back covered in mud. I don't understand what could have happened? :rolleyes:

Limestone likes this.
  12. Ohkei Dohkei

On another note, we did some fishing in the afternoons and guess who did the boat launching? It towed the boat no problem. I did have to downshift into 4th a few times on long uphill climbs, but it was really painless. I did get a few looks tho.

Attached Files:

banzairx7 and Limestone like this.
  13. Kody902

Kody902 Member

How heavy is the boat/trailer, if you know?

14. Limestone

Ohkei,
    It's trips and things like that, that make it all worth while! Very rewarding! Good to see!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  15. Ohkei Dohkei

I don't know for certain, but I would guess 700#

16. Limestone

Took a trip down to the river! Hooked several, Steelies, on the ol' fly rod! Very rewarding! Catch and release! That's just the way we like to do it! Were allowed to keep two! I'm okay with letting em go! Just me and my 12 buds!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  17. Kody902

Kody902 Member

Hey Ohkei, i'm currently diagnosing a problem and i'm not 100% sure my plug wires are on the distributor in the right places. We have basically the same truck, any chance you could get a clearer image with which wire goes to which cylinder?

18. Kody902

Kody902 Member

I meant down on the distributor part if you can, there isn't quite enough light for me to see which one goes where. Thanks!

19. Limestone

Ohkei,
    I like the way that you think! Make it easy for down the road, just in case! One of the huge benefits of having a dump/scissor lift bed is access! It really is a tremendous benefit! That being said I was able to weld mine on! After I fab.'d it! IMG_0050.jpg IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1009.jpg Some pics, to help explain! Since, I'm strictly off road, I removed the tail light's, and tin brackets, leaving the wiring for future, possible use if needed, or wanted, and I fabbed a piece of 3/8 steel, and welded that in place, to mount the newly fabbed "z" style, shaped brackets to! I went with a 2 inch square tube, because it's easier to stand on if needed! Easier to mount the brackets, and hitches to! I've allways been a dual purpose, kill two birds, with one stone, practical kinda Guy! I do agree with you, we can only haul so much with these! It does make a very use full step though!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  20. Ohkei Dohkei

I'm sorry Kody, my truck is currently at my hunting camp. There is this thread that might help you.. https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/1992-sambar-need-help.18783/