1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "General"

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Member

Hmm, I've tried not to think about it! I made the cupholders out of fiberglass and had the steel and hardware handy
    Front winch $50
    Push bar/lights $50
    Tires $325
    Wheels $240
    Tire mount $40
    Lift kit $180
    Deer hoist/rear winch $110
    Trailer hitch $20
    Stereo $12
    Speakers $75
    Bedliner $125
    Cupholders $0
    Plastic trim paint $8
    Headlight relay conversion kit (for high watt headlights and change negative switch ground) $18
    55w/100w Hella H4 bulbs $11
    Misc electrical switches/diode (to allow radio to play and phones to charge with ignition off) $25
    Total $1,239
    ...and I just realized I need a gun rack!

Bones13 likes this.
  2. Bones13

Bones13 New Member

That doesn't sound too bad but I realize there is a value of time not added in. Yes, agreed gun rack would be cool.

3. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Member

Yeah, I spent several nights out in the garage getting it done, but I enjoy it much better than sitting in front of the television doing nothing.

Bones13 likes this.
  4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Member

I will say that it was a smart move waiting until I got the final height before adding the hitch, it would have been way too high had I done it before the lift and new tires.

5. Bones13

Bones13 New Member

I agree. Something to be said for the ability to enjoy your own work.

6. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Member

I took it out to the hunting camp last weekend and with the new wheels and tires, it was a very tight fit on the 5x10 utility trailer.. I got about a mile on it and it was doing great right before the DOJ tripod joint failed. I'm pretty sure this was due to the lift kit and my decision to extend my shocks 2" to make up for it. I limped back to camp in FWD and got it back on the trailer and back home. I'll have to do some homework to determine how much I'll have to trim it down so that the joint stays together. Anyone have a spare tripod joint laying around?

Attached Files:

7. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Member

Waiting on Yokohama to get back to me.. I feel like I'm "Stranded in my Sambar"