1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tennessee Tag & Title

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by mallardtm, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mallardtm

mallardtm New Member

I just got my '92 Daihatsu tagged and titled in Nashville today. It actually wasn't that hard. It is tagged as a Medium Speed Vehicle (meaning I can drive on roads up to a 45 MPH posting). All I had to do was fill out an Affadavit about not having a previous title, bring in a couple pictures of the vehicle, and a tracing of the Manufacturers Plate (ie. Chassis #, Engine Type, etc., it is located under the drivers seat of my truck).
    I am now legal to cruise Nashville.

greg0187 likes this.
  2. mallardtm

mallardtm New Member

I have mine insured through Foremost Insurance Group. They classified as a off road vehicle. I did this before I had it titled, very reasonable rates. This is not a daily driver so it should(I hope) cover all the liability that I need. I don’t plan any Interstate travel but the Tag will allow me to play around my area without worrying about a ticket.

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a copy of the affadavit for not having the previous title?

4. mallardtm

mallardtm New Member

Here are the two documents that needed to be filled out. I also had pictures of the truck and traced the Manufacturer's ID plate located under seat on the pictures for the file.

Attached Files:

5. greg0187

Excellent! What did you provide for the CO under notification? It states you need to provide certified letters receipts to previous owners or evidence of publication in county newspaper.

6. mallardtm

mallardtm New Member

I didn't have to do that. All I needed was the pictures and the tracings of the plate. The woman at the Davidson Co. Clerk's office was very helpful. For item No. 2, I stated that it was a cash purchase off of Craigslist and it didn't come with any registration papers, all I had of the previous owner is a name.
    The tag is issued for (1) year, during this time the state will review the Certification of Ownership, check the ID plate in police reports, etc., possibly ask a couple more questions. If all looks good, which it should, then I will be able to renew every year without a problem.
    The tag is the size of a motorcycle tag and has Medium Speed Vehicle on it.
    If you can register it in Nashville, Davidson Co., I can give you the name of the clerk who helped me. I told her I would be sending a few friends her way to help them get their golf carts and mini truck tagged.

7. greg0187

Cool.. My only issue is now is seeing if my county is gonna pull some crap. I have two counties I can try though. I think I'll try Maury first then Williamson.

8. mallardtm

mallardtm New Member

Good Luck!

9. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

Has anyone else been able to tag there mini in the Nashville area.....I just bought one and need a tag

10. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

Got mine tagged with insurance. State Farm insurance under Antique or classic because of no 17 digit Vin. $6 for liability or 10 full coverage. Got Class 1 tags with allow me to drive on anything 55mph and less....No interstate. I'm in Humpreys county. In steady of me taken off work and having to deal with it. I had a Man who deals with car titles on a daily basis just take care of it.. $250 ...30 day and done. It was worth it to me. I can put someone in touch with him if need be. I feel much better now toying around and insured

11. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

So State Farm has came back and wants to charge me $415 a year....That Anit happen....anyone got a better Insurance Company

12. jonwells

jonwells New Member

Are you still around, Rcooper? I am curious how this worked out for you as I just bought a Sambar and have my other vehicles insured with State Farm. I am in Knoxville.

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

He was last seen in October of 2019.

If you click on someone’s avatar it opens a window with their data, including when the were last seen.

You might try sending him a private message, by starting a conversation. Which is also done by clicking heir avatar. The forum then sends them a message saying they have a conversation request.

jonwells likes this.