1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperature 1995 Every

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by VanOne, Nov 7, 2017.

1. VanOne

VanOne Member

Have an oddity with 1995 Every. Standing idle, engine heats up fine to the middle of the temperature meter then stays there. Revving the engine for 1 minute, no change in reading. Go around driving, meter very quickly goes to starting position(i.e, below the C marker) while it was +6 celsius outside. Around 20km drive at 40km/h to 60km/h speeds, stayed there the whole time until I stopped the car, then after like a minute the meter climbed to middle again. Window defroster gives out heat even during the drive.

2. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Ordinarily I'd think you have a thermostat with too large a bypass in it, and the engine is cooling off on a cold day with ambient airflow through the radiator. You say you still have good heat though?

Could the temperature probe for the gauge be in a radiator hose instead of in the head?

3. VanOne

VanOne Member

Where would I go looking for the probe in this picture?
    I would imagine it is the bypass however, there is some oddities with the lambda reading in emissions testing(here 1.00 is maximum, with allowance of .03), lambda was 1.06 when it went to inspection right after a drive, but it reads 0.97 when taken to a test after idling it some.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

If you have good heat, I don't think you necessarily have anything to worry about. Make sure coolant is topped off and run it.

5. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, ultimately the temperature problem was due to a stuck open thermostat. Now I have a very odd problem..car idles etc properly until the first time I press the gas pedal, after which every time I release the gas pedal, a few seconds, and the car starts shaking violently. Transmission oil was changed along with the thermostat. After a while of sitting still, car idles properly, press the gas pedal even a bit, and again tons of shaking. Can have gear on, or not on, can be rolling down a hill 50km/h, and the car shakes violently whenever gas pedal is not pressed.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

sounds like a sticky idle air control valve if it's fuel injected. engine seems like it's stumbling and wants to stall?

7. VanOne

VanOne Member

It is a carbureted model.

8. VanOne

VanOne Member

Well, was as simple matter as idle not being checked while the engine is warm after replacing thermostat. Now it works well.