1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailgate for 92 Mitsubishi

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by 1310monster, Oct 31, 2012.

1. 1310monster

1310monster New Member

I have a 93 Mitsubishi Mini Cab coming and it has the dump bed. It does not have the tail gate. Any chance of finding one?

lear31@windstream.net

Rocky

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. Kei King

Kei King Member

If it was a normal truck I would say it would be fairly easy to find but because it is a dump truck it will be impossible.

3. 1310monster

1310monster New Member

Did it even have a tailgate originally? I should have it home this coming week. I'll have a better idea of how it is equipped.

4. Kei King

Kei King Member

There is 2 types of dumps:

1 is identical to normal mini truck in which all 3 sides fold down with simple hinge. This will be no problem finding tail gate as it is same as regular non-dump mini truck.

Other kind is solid sides made of thicker steel with a 2 way "tail gate" at the rear. You can open the latches from the top and swing the gate down or you can leave the latches in place and when the dump is in the 45* position the latches will automatically open from the bottom and spill the load. This is the kind that it is impossible to find replacement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012