1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tachometer

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Stormin, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Stormin

Stormin Member

Installed a tachometer today and was surpised how easy it was to install. I did not want to make any holes in the dash so I decided to mount it on the front windshield pillar. I used an electrical conduit bracket and cut one of the mounting ears off of it. It was a perfect fit for holding the tach:) and made a very clean install. Also I could use the factory tach signal wire that is in the wiring harness under the dash of the truck, so I did not even have to run any wires back to the motor!

Attached Files:

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

nice....do you have a picture of the back side mounting

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

Stormin,
    Which stock wire did you use? colour, locations. I am planning on putting one in my 1990.
    Thanks

4. Stormin

Stormin Member

I have attached some more photos. I opened up the plastic piece surrounding the steering column and inside are all the main wires for power in the run position, battery, lights, ground. Then ran the tach wiring harness through the dash till I could splice into the truck wiring harness. The tach signal wire from the coil is in the main wiring harness that comes into the cab through the floor at the front center of the cab. It is the only yellow wire with no trace colors on it. I would like to find some other mounting screws that would give it a more finished look but the screws I used were all I could find.

Attached Files:

Acerguy likes this.
  5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice. Thanks for posting this.

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

nice thanks again