1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TACHOMETER SALE ALERT-$30.00-direct

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by spaner, Oct 13, 2009.

1. B-Edwards

B-Edwards New Member

I got it today, great little tach thanks again for posting about it. I'll post some pics after I install which could be awhile.

2. erixun

erixun Member

pictures of installed tach

Here is a picture of my tach installed.
    DSCF1067.JPG

DSCF1075.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
  3. Bearclaw

Bearclaw New Member

Bearclaw

What is the brand of tach you got? Where did you get it? Cost?
    Easy to hook up?

Bearclaw in Alaska

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

go to first page, first post:sly:

5. o8k

o8k Member

add me to the list of Tach people. Love it.....

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

That decal is awesome, did you make it? If you bought it where from?

7. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

a craft store or even wally mart will have tons of different number/letter decal sheets to choose from...different fonts and colours ....so you can just stick em onto the guage face

8. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Interesting, it looked like he had replaced the entire face but he just put individual stickers over the existing numbers? Very cool idea... and that would explain the odd mph numbers too; I didn't think about that lol.

9. mlambert

mlambert New Member

Ok guys, I am new to the group and have a ? After many hours searching I have never found a definite answer to where the sense wire for a tach goes on the newer Carry.( I have an Equus 6068) Has anyone found or heard of a ecu out pin # or a blanked wire under the dash on these?
    I recall reading the cam sensor wires, ( read two, but mine has three) So if anyone who has done it could provide details it would be great.
    Building up a 2000 DB52T F6A EFI on Mattracks UT HD's
    Thanks - Mike

10. Bearclaw

Bearclaw New Member

Tach hookup. Great I have F6A Coil over plug.

I was pulling my hair too.couldn't find a good electrical diagram that showed
    where to get tach signal. I too off the plastic cover on the head. then you can see 3 wires going to each coil. I used a multimeter on them. One is 12v hot
    all the time. One is ground. One makes the engine almost die when a test lead is
    on it and thats the one. I don't remember the color. Think it may be the center one. So use meter. Cylinder # one. I took a chance of blowing my new tach and or the computer in the truck. I soldered this lead to make a good connection and used shrink tube.Cut a little notch in the plastic cover for it to come out. When I pushed the button on the back of the tach for # cylinder
    it did not read right. Played with it and I think I set it to 1 cylinder.
    Tach reads correct now. Mine is a DA62T 2001 Carry.

gbearclaw@alaska.net

11. mlambert

mlambert New Member

thanks, I'll check that out. ML

12. mlambert

mlambert New Member

OUTSTANDING- Heres the scoop on the newer trucks thanks for the help by the way!

cam pickup under the plastic cover on the head. Front pickup #1 cyl.
    Top wire Black w/ white stripe= 12VDC+
    Center wire Black= GRD
    Bottom wire White w/ black stripe = sense wire = tach attachment point
    Set tach for 1 cyl, works perfect.

Thanks again for the help; Mike

13. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

erixrun- i like the location of yours, and i like the dual pod idea too. can anybody help me with dash bezel removal procedure- just can't find the last screw or two still holding it in. same for radio bezel.

just finished install of a real car battery, and the extra fuse block idea too. will post up pics this weekend when it all gets buttoned up.