1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki scrum automatic transmission

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by ScrumRod, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ScrumRod

ScrumRod New Member

Hi everyone, I have the Suzuki scrum multicab with automatic transmission and air-con
    My automatic transmission was shifting fine since I first bought the little truck. But seemed to grab second gear rather hard with a geek or like it has a shift kit. But now it just starts out in 2nd or 3rd unless I put it in low. It only seems to shift from low to 3rd when I manually select from low to drive. I have checked all the wire connections and found the AT Controller module under the dash. Changed fluid and filter but still the same. Sometimes but rarely it will shift as before but seems to have this ongoing problem. It don't slip tho even on steep hills.
    Anyone know about this little f6a with automatic transmission?

2. ScrumRod

ScrumRod New Member

Today I removed the shift position sensor at the side of the transmission where the shift cable is attached, cleaned it up inspected it and found nothing wrong with it unless its a wiring issue. Returned it and test drove the little truck but still the same problem. I want to find a replacement A/T controller module and try swapping it out. But can't seem to find here on my area

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Have you tried megazip?

Fred

4. ScrumRod

ScrumRod New Member

What is negativity? I have already changed the fluid and filter. The problematic seems to be electronic with a sensor or something because it will shift automatically sometimes however no check engine light is on. It's worth a try I guess...... Where to buy megazip here in the Philippines?

5. ScrumRod

ScrumRod New Member

Sorry not negativity my mobile always auto-correct, supposed to be megazip

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I purchase from megazip online, they do ship to the Philippines I live in Iloilo. Just search "megazip" then follow on through.

Fred

7. ScrumRod

ScrumRod New Member

Can anyone show or tell me the proper positioning of the transmission pan (location of the drain plug and magnet) when I changed the fluid and filter, the pan seemed to hang up a bit and I'm not sure it's on correct