Suzuki minivan questions

Discussion in 'References' started by JayM, Jul 4, 2010.

1. JayM

JayM New Member

I have a Suzuki minivan, not sure what year but I'm guessing early '90s. It looks like a Carry but the dealer's sales slip said it was a Suzuki Scrum cat-eye. It has the older Suzuki "S" logo on the front but says "Autozam" on the horn button, so who knows? It's fuel injected, no carb, supposedly has a "turbo-boost" (whatever that is) and automatic 4WD.

Anyway, my questions:
    1. Where the devil is the dipstick located? I can't find it anywhere.

2. It has a heater (which doesn't seem to work, but who needs heat in the Philippines anyway?), aircon (which also doesn't really work- need to get it looked at one of these days: meanwhile, we just roll the windows down) and a rear window defogger. I can't find any switch anywhere to turn that defogger on and off. I haven't needed it yet but it would be nice to have if I'm carrying lots of wet passengers on a (relatively) cool day.

3. One indicator light on the dashboard always stays on. A mechanic that lives across the street said it was for the emergency (parking) handbrake. I wonder if the handbrake needs adjusting, and if so where the adjustment thingamajig is?

Here's Black Betty:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Whoops- didn't mean to post this under References.)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. Nice wheels.

The brake light usually means you need to top up your brake fluid.

AFAIK The van is a mazda scrum autozam, but they were made by suzuki for mazda so they could be in on the Kei market.

If you look inside the driver's side rear wheel well, you'll see a dipstick (I just got my van TODAY, so I'm not too sure) but it could be the oil.

3. JayM

JayM New Member

Hmm, I hadn't thought to check the brake fluid. Any idea where the reservoir is located?

I can't find the dipstick anywhere around any of the wheel wells either. The hunt continues!

Edit- never mind, I finally found it: behind the right rear wheel on the outside, up above the axle and near the top of the outer wheel well. I'd been looking around inside the van as that's where everything else seems to be. I didn't bother to check the oil 'cause the van's parked on an incline right now, but at least I know where it is for later.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

The brake fluid resevoir is behind a panel on the side if the dash where the dash meets the door. I can see it in one of your pictures.

5. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna New Member

Oil dip stick, brake fluid res., battery

Thank you very much for the info on finding the dip stick and brake fluid res.
    I have a 1999 Suzuki van, rear engine 12 valve, 4wd, std. shift.
    Can you plesae tell me where the battery is located ?
    Thank you