1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2knives, Mar 6, 2021.

1. 2knives

2knives New Member Supporting Member

4E04D6FA-CCE7-4B14-A7AD-C0D0E358F407.jpeg I stumbled upon this mini truck and the previous owner told me a price and I bought it. These things are so cool. I’ve got a little work to do on it... first things first, need to drag it on the trailer and get it over to my place

Just got the engine cranked and running today, drove it for a couple hundred feet and it feels like something is popping and the axle light is flashing... looks like I have my work cut out for me, on this project. Oh well, at least it runs, that’s promising.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Heiny

Heiny Member

It’s in 4x4 and axle cv joints could be popping. Good luck.

3. 2knives

Thanks for the pointers, I’ll look into that. It’ll be an interesting project, my life is a Pandora’s box so I’m expecting this little truck to be no different. Haha

4. Double M Farm

Double M Farm New Member

Welcome to the "Mini family", now the fun begins!!

5. 2knives

Thanks, looking forward to it. My truck already has ~3” strut spacers in the front and 8”C-C shackles in the rear which, based on searching around here, explains why it drives like crap and the cv joints are popping and probably [most definitely] in need of repair.

I’m looking pretty hard at dropping the truck back down in the front (or keep it and go with the Huntibar set up), and springing for those Afco 250# struts while going down to 5” C-C rear shackles.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Double M Farm likes this.
  6. Double M Farm

Double M Farm New Member

Yea, it's pretty much agreed by most that anything over a 2" lift can cause a lot of problems unless a lot of "other things" are done as well.