1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suzuki every -- HOT passenger area

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by brian_vancouver, Aug 19, 2011.

1. brian_vancouver

brian_vancouver New Member

the un-turbocharged engine of my (automatic trans) 1991 suzuki every van throws so much heat that the front passenger area always uncomfortably warm.

the engine temp gauge reads normal and it doesn't rise/lower unusually quickly or slowly. also, there has never been any coolant loss. i have never owned another kei van so i don't have anything to compare this situation too.

does anyone have any suggestions on what i should investigate?

thank you,

brian

vancouver, british columbia
    canada

2. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

remember you are sitting on the rad. you might consider putting some under hood style insulation under the seat.

3. copeina

copeina Member

My Hijet has the same situation. Floor pans will actually get HOT if the weather is right. Overall no issue to mention, just that we are sitting on our engines!

Good times!

4. FrankinCambo

FrankinCambo New Member

Is the Subaru Sambar with its REAR engine location better in this respect ?
    Im currently shopping for a mini-van and since i live in Cambodia, interior heat is a major consideration.

Thanks.
    Frank in Phnom Penh

5. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

don;t have any issue with mine.

6. little pebble

little pebble Member

I have driven all.... sambar is most comfortable and im 6ft they have the most leg room... knees wont be hitting the steering wheel and the having the enginge out back is great in summer and comes with a indestructible 4cyl... you can't go wrong with a sambar... but hey suzukis come it turbo and and lots of aftermarket parts for 600cc suzukis...