1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUZUKI CARRY VAN - 2003 - FAST IDLE WHEN WARM?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Suz82, May 24, 2017.

1. Suz82

Suz82 New Member

Hi Guys, I've just bought a 2003 carry van. When I start the van the idle slowly increases in revs as the engine warms up. I did get a friend to put it on his computer and it is coming back with an Idle of 2250 RPM when it should be 1750 RPM (according to the software). My mate recons it all points to a vacuum leak. I've been all around the engine bay and servo unit with a propane gas torch and haven't been able to find anything, really starting to bug me now :(

Is there anything else which can cause fast idle as the engine warms up?

Engine is : 1.3 Petrol injected

Mark

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Go to suzuki4u.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6616 and follow the link to download a complete service manual which includes troubleshooting the fuel, ignition, and emissions systems

Fred

3. Joy Joseph Iyana

Joy Joseph Iyana New Member

my best suggestion is to re adjust your idle screw and when you do that be sure your engine is at operating temp, or reset your ECU just unflug your negative batt for 5 minutes then return and start engine.

4. Suz82

Suz82 New Member

Ok, so after chasing every possible vacuum pipe and using carb cleaner and propane to see if I could track down a vac leak, I found nothing. In the end it was the ICV (Idle control valve) which was the problem. These are about £300 form Suzuki so I just ebayed the "Denso" part number and managed to get brand new non genuine one shipped from china for just £30 !!!! (Disgusting mark up from Suzuki, I know they need to make a profit but £30 compared to £300!)

So if you are having a high idle problem always check for Vac leaks first, then consider the ICV.

Anyhow back on the road with perfect Idle !

Many thanks

Mark