1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Carry - Part Time Driver - Recommended Fuel Routine

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Dcwarpath, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Dcwarpath

Dcwarpath New Member

Order Placed - Awaiting Delivery!!
    2002 DA62T - Suzuki Carry - Automatic 2WD (Used as Glorified Golf Cart on Private Roads)

Ethanol free gas is NOT an option for me locally. What do others do when they KNOW the truck is not a daily driver but will be used only a few times per month. I have seen some posts that recommend:

1. Keeping the tank FULL when the truck will sit for days or weeks. This prevents moisture in the tank as it condenses with "space".

2. Use a fuel additive designed to offset the effects of moisture that ethanol based fuels contain.

I want to make sure I take care of this truck from day one.

Questions:
    * Ideally should the highest octane fuel available be used in these trucks?
    * Should an additive be used in the tank at each fill up? (non-daily driver)
    * What brands work best when truck will sit for days/weeks at a time?

Some Options I have Found:
    Sea Foam Motor Treatment - Sea Foam Motor Treatment | Oil & Fuel Additive | For Gas & Diesel (seafoamworks.com)
    Lucas Oil Ethanol Fuel Cleaner Safeguard™ Ethanol Fuel Conditioner With Stabilizers (lucasoil.com)
    Sta-Bil 360 Protection - STA-BIL 360 Protection - Fuel Treatment for Engines | Gold Eagle Co

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

For weeks at a time I would recommend Sta-Bil, its designed for exactly this use case. Seafoam works as a great way to fix moisture in the tank or periodically to flush out the fuel/carb/efi systems.

3. Dcwarpath

Dcwarpath New Member

Thanks @t_g_farrell appreciate it. I'll test it out. Seems best to purchase the highest octane fuel available in a 5 gallon container and add Sta-Bil 360 Protection to the gas can every time.

Then keep the mini-truck filled to top when I leave for days or weeks (2nd home - vacation property)

4. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

In that case you might want run the engine out of gas with the fuel pump shutoff if its carbed. That way your bowls are all empty and so are lines and filters. For EFI not sure this would work as well.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

2002 DA62T will be K6A with EFI, same as my engine & fueling. There have been a couple times since all the lockdowns with this plandemic we are enduring that it has not been started or run for a period of a month. Has not really had any effect on the operation of the engine. Don't know if there are differences or not in the formulation of fuels as I live in the Philippines and use unleaded with ethanol of the Petrol brand. Given a bit of thought, since this is a returnless system(the rail pressure is controlled by a relief valve in the fuel pump unit and the filter is in the tank on the suction side of the pump), the fuel system is really a sealed unit from the tank through the injectors so there should be no evaporation if not running. The only place I can think of might be some small evaporation at the charcoal cannister. My thought would be to add a bit of stabil at each fueling as the modern formulations do not remain as volatile as what used to be.

Fred

t_g_farrell likes this.
  6. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

i use mine 2 or 3 times month....

get some good fuel, throw in some seafoam & its good to go every time.

its a personal preference. some guys like stabil some like seafoam. im a seafoam guy in everything.

fmartin_gila likes this.
  7. kip thompson

kip thompson Member

No ethanol treatment works. YouTube guy teradactel tested all of the for 1600 months. Check out the video