1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Carry Bumpers and Camo wrap

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by timn, Sep 22, 2010.

1. timn

timn New Member

Hi everyone, The bumpers were made by a friend of mine, He's into mud and rockcrawling (full size).I did the camo wrap. The key is to cut pieces larger than what you need and trim the excess with razor blade. Cut air bubbles and cut wrinkles with razor.

Attached Files:

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

looks great:)

3. lawdog49

lawdog49 Member

those bumpers look great! wish I had someone to fab up something like that. would like to see a hoop on the front one though to mount a few lights and provide extra protection in front of that thin plastic frontend.

4. timn

timn New Member

Ya lawdog49, I agree some more lighting and better protection would be good. I had a winch mounted on the front but took it off. I'm going to go with a reciever winch, so I can put it front or back.

5. erixun

erixun Member

Two thumbs up! Looks great!

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Nice... can you show some pics of how the front is attached? I'm making a brush guard for my truck right now and want to put a receiver on it too but I want to make sure I built it strong enough to handle the punishment that plowing is going to dish out.

7. timn

timn New Member

bumpers

Hi Ironraven, I'll try and post some other pics tonight after work.

8. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Awesome, thanks!

9. timn

timn New Member

bumpers

Hi Ironraven, trying to condence a photo. If I can't do it I won't be able to post some pictures till the begining of next week. My truck is up at cabin. timn

10. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

You ought to be able to resize even in Paint if you needed to... or you can e-mail it to me and I can post it for you fast at ironraven dot net

11. timn

timn New Member

bumpers

Hi ironraven, Tried to e-mail the pic. It would not take ironraven.net @? timn

12. o8k

o8k Member

very well done! Thankyou for posting. I'm putting a front bumper higher on my list after removing the plastic one last weekend out of curiosity.

13. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

So this is the pic of the mounting I got... it's not super clear but it looks like you put a tab to the sway bar mount or something. I'll have to look at the underside of my truck when I get home so I get an idea of what I'm looking at :p

Attached Files:

14. timn

timn New Member

bumpers

Hi Ironraven, I'll try and get some better pictures this weekend. timn

15. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Sweet, thanks dude :)

I'll hopefully be working on my setup this weekend; maybe starting tonight if I can get away with it but it'll probably take me most of the weekend to get it welded and cleaned up to the point where I'm ready to think about mounting it. How did you cap off the ends of the tubing? Looks awesome, I can't wait to show mine off :)

16. fupabox

17. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I think there is the "digital" pattern out there somewhere... I'll dig and see if I can come up with it.

18. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

[​IMG]

Well it's out there somewhere... I've seen a few places that sell it to companies but nobody who sells to individuals.

19. fupabox

OOOOOH!! that there is sweet.....

20. timn

timn New Member

pretty cool looking, reminds me of the combat tv series back in the 60's