1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suzuki carry axle boot

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Mapleman, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Mapleman

Mapleman New Member

Hello, I am a new member and new mini truck owner. I need to replace a outer cv axle boot and i am wondering if there is a cross reference for these or do i need to order online?

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

When I needed them I went to a local ATV shop and they had a universal that worked. It's been so long ago that I can't remember the brand or number but it seemed pretty common.

3. Mapleman

Mapleman New Member

Thanks! I will take it off and take it with me.

4. Cole

Cole Member

Run a search for Bronco CV boots. They are heavy duty generic boots. Just select your inner and outer size.

5. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

My CV joint measure roughly 64mm x 21mm and about 80-85mm long
    Nothing seems to match

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

How hard will they be to change out?
    And do you only do one side at a time?

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

When I did mine I had a friend who is a real mechanic help and we did one side at a time.I have a lift so that helped and it seems like it took a couple of hours, it's been several years ago and I'm old so memory isn't what it used to be.

8. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

LOL I hear ya on the Old!
    But to get the new boots on did it just come apart from the inside joint only?

9. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

We took the axle out of the truck as I remember and slid the boot on from the differential side of the axle.I remember it was a little tough getting the axle out but it bumped back in pretty east. There is a split ring in the dif. that a slot in the axle fits in to hold it in place. Spaner did a thread on this a few years ago and went into a lot of detail.He stressed just bumping the axle back in and not using a hammer whenever working on the front axles.