1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Carb swap out! :-)

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SDK1968, Jan 7, 2020.

1. blochpoultry

blochpoultry New Member

How do get the flange adapter from pyrotechnics

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

LOL
    WOW
    You really went way out of your way to make that up!

3. Half Life

Half Life Member

I know this is an old thread but seemed like the best option to get my mini running again.

Getting ready to do the Rhino carb swap on my Carry. Got a Mikuni flange to adapt the carb to the intake; pressure regulator and the choke cable. Just got the carb today and will likely do the swap over the weekend, weather permitting.

@SDK1968 do you remember if you only had the one vacuum line going out to the distributor? Any quirky things you remember form when you did your old truck?

Thanks.

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK a couple of things
    First make a bracket to mount the stock air filter to the motor mount!
    The engine Moves alot and the flex to the air cleaner makes an issue down the road!
    Yes there is One vac line at the carb mount on the manifold, that goes to the distributor
    There is a larger port farther up the manifold for the 4wd system
    Thats it No other vac crap needed!
    Unfortunately You will have jetting issues!
    Check that the Jets are even drilled!
    I have a Harley carb and a Rhino and gave up!
    I have a 40mm Mikuni (off a DR650)
    But I have the Best results with the 33mm Mikuni off a Polaris 500

5. Half Life

Half Life Member

@KCCats , thanks for the tips.

Got the original carb removed yesterday and also got the two sets of coolant lines "U-turned". The truck sat for a long while and I've got to empty the fuel tank. I used a hand siphon to get the majority and now using the fuel pump to get the rest. I have another fuel filter ready to replace. Compression is good in all cylinders. I expect this thing to start right up with some fresh gas or at least give me some signs of life. Since I only use this mini on the farm (no road use), I just need it to start and run reliably.

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Mine cranks a long time before it starts, but then again I don't use it every week!
    I had put a primer on mine (just like a snowmobile) to start it after a few months
    Just be aware of the air cleaner and motor movement
    The flex hose from mine split

7. Half Life

Half Life Member

Looks like I received the wrong carb from Amazon. On the one I got, the throttle cable housing butts up tight to the back of the alternator. I guess I could use a piece of pvc pipe and some rubber boots to move it away from the manifold. Either that or replace it one from a Grizzly so the throttle housing is on the opposite side. Ugh, was hoping to breathe some life into my mini this weekend.

8. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

The classer you get to the manifold the better! I even have a much larger Alternator! Note the bracket!
    [​IMG]