1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki 4X4 Help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Big Country, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Big Country

Big Country New Member

I have a 92' Zuki that the 4X4 does not work. The 4WD light does not work either. The transmission is the super low 5 speed. The linkage cable moves freely and activates the lever on the transmission, but the 4wd does not engage.

Any ideas.

2. WILDCAT

WILDCAT New Member

Sir,
    maybe there are disconnection inside the transmission, try referring it to experience/certified mechanics.

3. Titan Mini Trucks

Titan Mini Trucks New Member

First, check the vacuum (sp) diaphram to ensure that it has vacuum. This will tell you whether to test the solenoid or actuator. If you have vacuum and the actuator move when 4wd is engaged, go to step two. If not, either the actuator or solenoid is bad.

Second. If they are working, remove the vacuum (sp) diaphram and see if you can manually engage the 4WD.

If you cannot manually engage the 4wd, the yoke inside the differential is most likely stuck. I have seen the seize from apparantly not being used. Remove the cover and free it up (should move side to side), being sure to place the yoke forks on the cone bearing when reinstalling it and it should work. However, the most common problem is a bad solenoid or vacuum actuator.

If you need the solenoid or an actuator you can call Cajun Mini Trucks and ask for John. I know he has the parts in stock. I don't have his number with me, but he as a website.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff.

4. Big Country

Big Country New Member

Very informative. Thanks for your effort and detail here.

Fortunately, I found a wire on the solenoid that was broke. A quick splice and I was in business.

5. WILDCAT

WILDCAT New Member

Sir Big Country,

do you have pix on those area you mentioned for the benefit of the new buyers and/or less knowledge on that spec area?
    Ty

6. Big Country, It was good meeting and talking with you this past week. Hope you had a great hunting trip. If there is ever anything we can do to help you, let us know....We are a Land Based Used Car and Truck Dealership located in the Heart of Southern Illinois. Established in 1993, By Jimmy Johnson, Jeannie Johnson, and "BJ" Johnson and continues to be Family owned and operated. Selling Japanese Mini Trucks, Mini Truck Parts, CamoClad Products, Lift Kits, Bumpers, and Accessories for Japanese Mini Trucks. One Truck or a Truck Load. We are Direct Importers.
    http://www.mactownminitrucks.com