1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surging rpm's

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by flip, May 23, 2021.

1. flip

flip New Member

greetings from upstate n.y. am finally getting things worked out on my 1992 s83p but final issue is rpm's surge upon releasing throttle when coasting. if i'm going down a hill and release throttle as vacuum builds throttle will pulse on and off till i accelerate again over and over. otherwise it runs and drives great. any suggestions? thank's in advance, flip

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

flip,
    One thought possibly, that I would check is fuel flow, not necessarily talking about the flow from the fuel pump, but actually, as it's flow through the venturi in the carb., the float level, the accelerator pump inside the carb. To me, your ignition system,(plugs), is burning the fuel it's getting, but it sounds erratic, to me! Check and see if the choke is operating properly, many times this is the Culprit. Check to see if the fuel flow is regulated properly! I hope I'm explaining myself, those are things that I would look at, to eliminate, and move fore ward!
    Limestone

Last edited: May 24, 2021