1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercharged suzuki

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by logdog, Feb 12, 2008.

1. logdog

logdog New Member

Is this a common option on the suzuki's? Mine has a small belt driven blower that resembles a gmc.

2. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

I've never heard of a supercharged Carry from factory. On yours, is the belt driven blower you mentioned, at the very top of the serpentine belt set up in the center of the engine? On my '91 that would be the my water pump.
    What year is yours? Newer Carrys might come with one as an option.
    I'd love to have a SC engine in mine!!!

3. Gawdzuki

Gawdzuki New Member

can we get a picture... Purty Pleaze :)

4. logdog

logdog New Member

I can see the supercharger under the drivers seat, so I guess that would be on top of the belt rotation. As for the year....I have no idea! Everything is in Jap, so I have no idea. I can tell you that it says supercharged on the tailgate, in english. Other than that I have no idea. I will try to get some pictures of it tommorow to post.

5. logdog

logdog New Member

I DID FIND OUT THAT IT IS A CARRY KC AND i WILL TRY TO POST THESE PICS

6. Look on the drivers side seat belt for the year...in english

7. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

If the driver's side seat belt tag is unreadable, try the passenger's side. Its usually your best bet to look first.
    And YES please, I'd love to see pics too!:)

8. logdog

logdog New Member

Here is a pic of the blower

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  9. logdog

logdog New Member

Here is a shot of the tailgate where it says "supercharger". I also did find out that the seatbelt tag says 1988

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  10. dwink

dwink Member

I know this is off of the subject but what kind of tires are those. They look like a mud grip street legal tire.

11. logdog

logdog New Member

I'll have to check on the brand, but there definatly off road atv tires

12. logdog

logdog New Member

Can anyone tell me if I am going to have any problems with this year truck if I go with a three inch lift?

13. mstrick

mstrick New Member

All the dealers ive talked with say you would not and i havent with mine. But some people on this forum have had some problems..

14. Colin

Colin Member

It's funny to see that "slow moving vehicle" sign on a supercharged truck. :D

15. logdog

logdog New Member

It's the only way to go! The SMV speed is 45mph, which is fast enough, and no title and licence fees!

16. norm nelson

norm nelson New Member

hey how fast does it go

does it have quite a bit of power, and what is your fuel economy like? Have you ever been able to compare it to a stock suki to see how much difference there is in horse power. If you would consider selling it I want it!

17. logdog

logdog New Member

Well it is a stock truck. It came from the factory that way as far as I know. It has plenty of power, but I 70 mph is as fast as I've ever had it. I use it to haul full body duck and goose decoys out in the corn fields.

18. tpms

tpms New Member

i have a 1989 carry kc with a supercharger, i want to put a 3" lift on it, we made the front strut spacers and offset them. we have not drove it yet to see if it works i will let know.

19. longhauler

longhauler New Member

Hey Guys Newby here im an Aussie that is buying a Suzuki carry in the Philippines through a mate at the moment, he has sent me some photos of a turbo Carry with 9 valve and 5 speed but the turbo is definitly a supercharger as in the picture here i get the feeling this car is quite rare can anyone give me any info about it thanks , the car has been imported to the philippines and converted to right left hand drive from Japan. thanks Rob Ps great site.