1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sambar specs/ interchange part #'s

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar References' started by Timetripper, May 9, 2008.

1. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

Ah, if they are actually custom made, I get that. That is why I had suggested a local driveshaft shop who could have done the same thing here.

Unless, they have found an aftermarket distributor for the rear axles.. in which case I would be curious to know what they are. Can you post a picture of them once they arrive? If there is a brand and/or model number on them.. I would like to find out what they are.

2. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

Sure will sir

3. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

Do they have any sort of markings on them? Or were they in any boxes with part numbers or a brand?

5. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

6. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

I spoke with yoshi at Yokohama motors ,gave him my VIN, mine is 92 with the pins on the rear end side. 1st one was very hard as I found no YouTube , 2nd took no time , did way more than needed on 1st axle , learned my lesson.

7. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

8. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

Given the green paint that is showing where the black paint chipped off, it looks like they are remanufactured axles. Too bad there is no tell-tale markings saying who did it, but it could have just been someone at Yokohama.

Also, There is nothing on the shipping label that would say what they are. I would take those pictures down, since they have all of your contact information on them.

9. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

I tried to help, didn’t do what what you needed my apologies , my address listed does not bother me in the slightest.everyone that has ever sent me a piece of mail has it. Have a great day. Thank you for the positive input. Adam

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  10. Botl01

Botl01 Member

So Adam, what was the trick you learned on the second axel?

I’m not too far from you. I’m in VanAlstyne Texas. Too bad Canton doesn’t have Mini truck parts.......

11. Adam Harrison

Adam Harrison New Member

There is no need to unbolt-much of anything, remove the hub nut, knock pin out of inner cv, it has enough slack to pull loose from rear axle. Then drive it out of the hub. You do need to unbolt the drive shaft at front,so you can rotate the cv to knock pin out and line back up to replace when ready

12. Botl01

Botl01 Member

Thank for the info.