1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUBARU SAMBAR Idles high

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by tkheffington, Mar 30, 2009.

1. tkheffington

tkheffington New Member

I have a Subaru Sambar Mini Truck. When I start it in the morning it idles really high. After about 45 min it dies down almost turning itself off. While driving it everythings good but when you put the clutch in it revs back up. If you turn it off for like 2 hours it repeats itself all over. Any idea would help at this point.

Tanner

2. larryb

larryb New Member

tkheffington
    is it a sc subaru if so i think i know what wrong with it

3. tkheffington

tkheffington New Member

SC

Yes it is supercharged

4. larryb

larryb New Member

tkheffington
    hi.it me again. If it's the same problem that I had with mine,there are two hoses that are about 2inches around. One goes th the throttle body that comes off from the super charger. It's about 2 3/4 inces long and the other one is up towards the front of the motor on the right side as you are looking at the motor, and it's about the same length as the other one. Both of mine had cracks in them and were sucking air and that what made it do it. If you want to email me (laglor@charter.net) and I can give you my phone number and explain to you how to change the hoses. It's easier than it looks.

5. tkheffington

tkheffington New Member

Idle speed

The Sambar that has the problem does not have a SC on it. My other one is the one with it. I noticed today that when the engine gets warm(operating temperature) the idle slows way down. After cooling down it repeats.

Tanner

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

if i were to venture a guess i would say your choke is out of adjustment