1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sambar 2" Body Lift

Discussion in 'Parts Sales' started by banzairx7, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

banz,
    I think those kits, that you've whipped up are pretty cool:cool:! Simply because, your engineering, and installation, are proven! Nice job!
    Lime

2. Thanks for that!
    BTW, if you look that up on Rock auto it is $18.60 Canadian, not sure the US cost but it is probably a lot less.

3. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

I was getting them from rock auto. The shipping cost from rock auto makes them a tiny bit cheaper from amazon for me.

4. Daeo

Daeo New Member

Would these body lifts work on a 2005 Subaru Sambar?

thanks

5. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

Honestly I have no idea. I only have my 93 as a reference point.

6. David Dannenberg

David Dannenberg New Member

This is a very interesting and timely thread. I just won at auction in Japan a 1995 Sambar and am planning a lift as you describe. I have a mechanic friend who has done a similar lift on his and was planning to hire him to do mine. Is this kit available and what is your lead time? I won't even have the truck for 60-90 days at best, but planning is fun.

Thanks.

David

7. AKsambar

AKsambar New Member

Hey David,
    I bought my 94 from Japan in February but Covid delayed getting it for a while. I didn't want to do the suspension lift and have to deal with all the issues. I bought one of these kits, it was easy and works great. I still cut the fenders a bit and put 23" tires. I am wrapping up some other improvements but it's a great truck and this lift kit was perfect.
    Good luck with your new Subi

8. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

I just sold the last one from my latest batch a few days ago. I've got another run in process and will have them ready again 2-3 weeks.

9. David Dannenberg

David Dannenberg New Member

Thanks for the review and status on production. Will you post here when they are done?

Related question, perhaps a stupid question. What is the stock tire and rim size (in inches please). Are you guys using bigger rims, and if so do you need spacers to accommodate lug patterns, or are there larger stock rims from some other vehicles that will bolt up?

TIA for any information.

10. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

stock tires are 145/80r12 which is about 21.3 inches tall and 5.7" wide I think the rims are 5"