1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sambar 2" Body Lift

Discussion in 'Parts Sales' started by banzairx7, Feb 26, 2020.

1. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

I decided to replicate the 2" body lift I made for my own truck and offer them to people. This avoids all the problems associated with doing a suspension lift on the Sambar(excessive positive camber and rear cv joint failures). It includes everything needed to lift your Sambar 2". Comes with OEM style zinc plated flange bolts and nuts. Brackets are laser cut stainless steel. Kit is bolt on except for the steering column which must be modified. Kit does include the parts to modify the steering shaft and requires some cutting and welding. Professional welding is recommended since this is a steering part. Instructions are also included.

$200 shipped to the US. Canada add another $20 US.

[​IMG]

I also have a filler strip available to go above the engine cover. These cost me a bit more to get fabricated so I'm offering it separate for $75 with out paint.

upload_2020-2-26_7-39-50.png

2. SubaSam

SubaSam New Member

Do you have any side view pictures, and how big of tires can you put under it?

3. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

Not sure on tire size. On my truck I run 26" tires but have a 2" suspension lift along with the body lift. I also trimmed the front fender openings.

0627200900.jpg

0627200837_HDR.jpg

0627200837.jpg

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

That would be the way I would go if I hadn't already gone with the suspension lift. There would be no camber issues and I suspect 23" tires would fit fine.

5. Adam Wheeler

Adam Wheeler Member

After just having a cv joint failure in the rear on the left hand side, I too would suggest the body lift over any sort of suspension lift kit, unless you plan to do what banzair did, and fabricate a true lift kit, a body lift is your safest option. I even took the rear part of the commonly purchased sambar lift kit and chopped down the rear spacer and it still didn't stop the cv from blowing apart.

Limestone likes this.