1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Samba problems

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by tappingt, Oct 23, 2008.

1. tappingt

tappingt New Member

Rite, iam new to all this to be honest. my friend has a sambar (vw lookalike) so its not a truck but a van. I serviced it yesterday but noticed a few problems, and wondered if you could help at all?
    Their is a bad oil leak coming from around the oil filter housing was there before i started the service and the leak is def not coming from the filter itself?
    Secondaly the combi switch is faulty and rarely works, i was wondering if this was common too? e.g. the contacts corroding etc?
    your help would be much appreciated.

Its a 700cc supercharged lump not sure of the engine number, model of car etc but i cant imagine they're all too different.

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

• Oil leak: Off the top of my head it could be the oil pressure sender which is located a few inches away or possibly the crank seal for for timing belt in behind cover.
    • combi switch? Are you refering to the 4wd switch on top of the shifter? [see picture]
    • If so then yes it could be the switch itself or it could be at the back by the engine as it is has both electrical solenoids and vacuum systems to engage into 4wd
    • Also you might want to check the oil level in the transaxle or replace it to make sure the right stuff is in there. See the Subaru forum section [references] for specs, etc

Attached Files: