1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struts

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by firejonny89, Feb 5, 2012.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i did a search a few time and didnt find any after market struts for a 98 suzuki carry any one have any clue if other suzuki struts would fit. even better yet any thats 2 inches longer lol thanks guys and gals

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

If you want the extention, you have to go through Azada, custom of a custom, but it can be done $1500 and 6months...I think, you'd have to ask him.
    OEM's are available through vendors both continental and overseas, about half as much $.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

go to rockauto.com ...click all the country flags on top of the search page...select "Bedford" 1990 rascal suspension.....struts are $81...should be the same as your 1998 or very close kyb # 633060,633061

spaner likes this.
  4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Nice find...+1

5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

thanks for the help guys

6. miniman509

miniman509 New Member

would they fit a 93 carry?

7. fupabox

They should

8. miniman509

miniman509 New Member

Mine already has a 3 inch lift kit on it and mostly what i am looking for is to "beef" up the front end to put a plow attatchment on it and not worry if my struts are going to take a hit.

I've heard that you can replace the coil springs with heavy ones but i'm not sure if it would be less expencive to go this rout.

9. fupabox

beefier springs are much cheaper..around $30-40 each...Jegs sometimes has them on sale for under $20

10. miniman509

miniman509 New Member

jegs? have a part number?

11. fupabox

122-10-250

12. keithluneau

keithluneau New Member

How hard is it to swap the springs? What is the stock spring rate?

13. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

14. keithluneau

keithluneau New Member

Thanks Acerguy! Just the info I needed. I'm going to hold off on stiffer springs for now though, I've got a lift installed to fit 25" tires and I'm thinking a little sag in the front can only help the CV joints. :)

15. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We stock replacement front struts for the suzuki carry db51t and dd51t they are different. We also stock heavier coil springs. The aftermarket 250lbs front coil springs make the mini truck ride like a rock

16. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Nice find Fupa, I'll check for these tomorrow!