1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Plug Gap for EF-SE (EFI) in S210P?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Inane2, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Good evening guys,

Getting ready to change the plugs in my Hijet. I'm fixing to put the bed back on it so I figured I knock it out while I had a little bit more elbow room to work with.

My Japanese owner's manual calls for:

NGK - BKR6E-11
    DENSO - K20PR-U11
    CHAMPION - RC9YC4

My translated English manual obviously calls for the same. The truck currently has Denso's in it. I stopped by a friend's parts house and picked up some NGK's this afternoon.

Does anyone know the correct gap for these plugs in my EF-SE engine? Neither manual mentions it or a recommended torque either.

I haven't checked the gap on the new plugs but they do have the little cardboard sleeves on them to protect the factory set gap.

Thanks!

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

IMO put them in. Factory setting will work fine.
    However, If you are running below a 6 sec. 1/4 mile then I might make adjustments to the gap.

3. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Thanks Terry. I was feeling the same way, just put them in.

Barely under 11 in the quarter, so I still have some work to do! :p

4. TRAX and HORNS

LOL,
    Just under 11? Now you got me to thinking. I'll have to call Jason at North Texas Mini Trks. and see if he still has the Suz. with the turbo.
    I sold that truck to him both of us knowing that the turbo was not spinning up correctly. He was supposed to get another turbo for it. Not sure if he ever did.
    I always wanted to drive it and see the difference between a stock truck and it.
    I think Ive only seen two turbo trucks since messing with these trucks. Bout the size of a snuff can.

5. I have a DB52T right now that has a turbo and it makes a BIG difference, that truck is a beast! So are the supercharged Subaru's

6. TRAX and HORNS

"Daaaaaawwwwwggggggg". Might have known you would have one.
    Did our dump truck ever make it to Florida?

7. I was going to ask you the same thing, the delivery company picked it up and I never heard another word