1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Plug Bpr5ekb

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by ltclarry, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Hi All, 1997 hijet s110p pulled plug number bpr5ekb out of engin. Cannot find any at any part stores around here that have thease plugs.Thay are the muti ground type
    CHECKED ngk sight no info. HELP TKS LTC

2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

Advance auto had plugs on the shelf for my 1996 but they were just a standard plug. i'm not a big fan of the (high tech) plugs being sold . the cost is a bit high.

3. ltclarry

ltclarry New Member

Larryn20, Bpr5ekb Are The Plugs I Pulled Out They Are The Muti Ground Plug. I Dont Know If I Could Use Any Other Plug In It? Dont Know If This Is A Special Plug For This Motor. Ltc

4. Colin

Colin Member

According to the NGK catalog in front of me...

B = 14mm thread, 13/16 hex
    P = Projected Insulator Type
    R = Resistor Type
    5 = Heat Ranger (2 is hottest, 12 is coolest)
    E = 19mm thread reach
    K = dual ground electrodes
    B = "special design"

You could use a BPR5EY...

B = 14mm thread, 13/16 hex
    P = Projected Insulator Type
    R = Resistor Type
    5 = Heat Ranger (2 is hottest, 12 is coolest)
    E = 19mm thread reach
    Y = "V-Grooved Center Electrode (14mm only) 2.5mm Insulator"

The stock number of a BPR5EY is 1233. Should run you ~$1.50/ea.

So... it's got a v-grooved electrode - NGK calls it a "V-Power." Pretty much their standard copper resistor plug.

Colin

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
    Gossimier2004 likes this.
  5. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i think my truck had NGK 's BPR6E .

6. myhijet

myhijet Member

I posted this earlier
    Try this on the NGK site. Be sure to scroll down to "non-us automotive"

7. WhatThe

WhatThe New Member

looking for info on starting /running problem on mine

Hello,

I have a 99 hijet deck van with the ef-ve slanted engine. will not start. last two times it did start it would not stay running. has lots of fuel but not sure about spark. What were your symptoms that made you replace your plugs?

8. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

pull them out & read them. that's one of the first things i replace . even though my truck had low mileage on it the plugs were 12 years old. it cranks better now !

9. WhatThe

WhatThe New Member

thanks

Will do. thanks for the info. Do you know what compression should be or how I get a service manual for the ef-ve?

10. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

books can be had through some of our members.
    if i had to guess at cranking compression , I'd say 170 to 190 PSI . main thing is all cylinders should be about the same.

11. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know there are no books available for the 99+ Hijets. Something about having to wait a few years before Daihatsu releases them to the public. Trade secrets you know!

-Greg

12. WhatThe

WhatThe New Member

still looking for manual or no start help

Does anyone know if the manual on LULU that covers daihatsu to 98 will be much help on my 99.

plugs that were in it were autolite. Would like to replace with ngk but do not know which one. Engine model on plate is EF-VE but I understand that may be wrong info and that the ES-VE is more likely it.

I have plenty of spark.

Although I am getting fuel to the injectors it would appear that there is no pulse to the injector. Any ideas on what to check next?

thanks

13. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Check the cam sensor on the front of the engine. If the engine starts and runs with starting fluid then look elsewhere for your injector problem. The cam sensor should control spark and injectors. When I pulled my engine out there were alot of ground wires going to the engine. If I remember correctly there was one on the Valve cover, one on the intake, one on the trans, one on the engine block, might have been even more. Double check all the sensors you've unplugged. The EF-VE is a Twin cam motor where the EF-SE is a single cam. I never heard of a ES-VE.

14. WhatThe

WhatThe New Member

Thanks for information pushing on...

Thanks for the info. Just ordered the manuals from LULU. I understand Mechanics and Electronics, but am having a hard time finding any good information on this specific model of Hijet. You are the first person who knew anything specific about the EF-VE. I will check out the sensor (if I can find it) and look for ground issues. Will wait a few days until it is not 45 below the normal temperature (-17f) this morning

Thanks,
    Jim

15. woodsrat

woodsrat New Member

Could anyone here tell me what plug should be used in a 1993 hijet 660?
    It has denso W16DTR-S in it now and I can't find any of them around here, It keeps weting the plugs when you start it.
    Thanks for any help!

16. WhatThe

WhatThe New Member

Need Timing belt and tensioner part numbers

OK so I took it to an imports only repair shop after buying James Danko's Manuals online at lulu.com.
    They think it is timing belt. However the part numbers in the book do not show the EF-VE part reference.

Anybody know where I might find part numbers and parts
    99 Hijet deck van automatic with EF-VE (slanted)

Jim

17. Gossimier2004

Gossimier2004 New Member

Hello. My 95 hi jet has nkg Bcpr6ekd. Is there a cross reference for that plug?

18. Gossimier2004

Gossimier2004 New Member

My numbers are BCPR6EKD. THAT is different from the numbers talked about before

19. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Gossimier2004 likes this.
  20. Gossimier2004

Gossimier2004 New Member

21. Gossimier2004

Gossimier2004 New Member

The plugs you recommended did not fit on my van
    Wasted trip to town