1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spaner's Batman-Bike Build...

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by spaner, Jul 11, 2012.

1. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Bike forums suck man; we're spoiled here...:sly:

I should have just started this build here, from day one...I'm sure that a few guys here have some Honda-bike knowledge/experience...

Anyway, read-up on this...

http://www.cyclechaos.com/4um/f24/repair-honda-engine-box-parts-42635/

That was a waist of my time. Intimidating or not, I can't believe that I got, not a single tip. Tried humor, a bit of superiority...then I just said Frackoff...:mad:...what a waist of my time...

At least you guys deserve some build pics...

BTW, thanks Fupa, for the Dupi-color tip, premo stuff...I love it...:cool:

.EDIT, Ho, forgot to add that I joined 5 different bike forums for this engine build and linked the other 4 to this one, the linked one... Got one guy from one of the other forums, from New York, that made a few comments. Then I surfed the post time-date-stamps, on all the forums that I joined...

They get like one or two responses a week...month....yea, we're spoiled here...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. packrat

packrat Member

hey Spanner, I was a bike mechanic for years in Toronto. The CG125 was a pushrod version of the CB125, that as far as I know, was never sold here. (I had one in New Zealand years ago, but that's another story). The CT engine should be the same as the CB125. Chances are you can interchange parts with some of the "new" chinese clones (try Daymac in Toronto, they are off the north side of the 401 just east of the 427). I once rode a CB125 on the wall of death down at the CNE. Never again. They are bulletproof little engines. Have fun.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Hey Spaner cool build... I may have some voltage regulators/rectifiers you could use... I was one of the first large importers of Chinese ATVs in Canada many years ago and have a ton of spare parts hanging around in my garage...lots of regulators and rectifiers for Honda clone 125s and 150s .. The manufacturers would always send me a couple of large unlabled boxes of assorted parts (never the common replacement stuff lol) usually 3rd gear shift forks and handlebar controls..but always a few small boxes of regulators cdis and rectifiers and assorted brake/throttle cables...so if you need anything it's yours..
    wonder if it is at all related to the ct70 ct90 bikes of the 1970s

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Holy sh!t man,
    See what I mean...

The CG125 manual that I hacked, was the best Bike Manual that I ever saw...Premo, way better than the XL, XR. TLR, 125, 200 that I later found...

Although, the engine that I just finished rebuilding is a "CT 125E"....and has the chain VS the rods...
    The CG125 manual, for it's similar components, which where extensive...was FAR SUPERIOR...for a Honda work shop manual...
    The Honda XL combo manual, was informative, for the little information contained within concerning the timing chain adjustment and main case closing procedure, on a total rebuild...

The CG manual...7.6,
    The combo XL manual...5.7...

To have both, is better, to have you "ON-LINE" would have been PREMO...but I'm done...

Check out the thread but, what I have is the Honda CT125E...there are differences from the above including, low gearing; 1st & 2nd, plus the decompression head (which I have eliminated), and the 124cc VS the 122/124cc variations on the Honda 125's...XL's etc...

The CT is a very rare engine. 77 only to north america, apparently...OHC with the CDI and CDI box...
    Wiring has been figured, I have spark!!!...

Ordered rebuild parts through Honda Canada and the "82 XL125s". Neither Honda Canada, nor Honda USA, had any idea what a "CT" was, or what parts would fit...

What didn't fit, I modified with RTV...

It's done...

Fupa, you're the man...this was a complete tear-down, buffing-wheel, varsol-tank job.
    Everything was there though...just a tear-down, clean, and reassemble type job...

Next week, BIG-ASS tires, and laser alignment...

The Suzuki RV90 awaits the power of the Honda CT 125...

Pics will follow guys...

What was I thinking....:confused: