1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source for key blank 92 Sambar

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Mark Semeraro, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Mark Semeraro

Mark Semeraro New Member

Good day- I need a second key. Are there other Subaru vehicles that used the same key blanks? Mine is a 92 Sambar. eBay prices are $12.00 or more for one. Replies appreciated to semerm12@gmail.com. thank you.

2. Botl01

Botl01 Member

Mark, just find a good locksmith location, not Lowe’s or Home Depot, and they should have the blanks you need. Lost my key for my bike and they wanted $28 for a blank. Went to the locksmith and got two for $7. Not as pretty but they work great.

Mark Semeraro likes this.
  3. Maximal

Maximal Member

any key cutting place can do it, just a normal key. i got a couple keys made at a locksmith for $5

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

Most 90's Subarus use the same key blank as the Sambar. I brought my key to my local Subaru dealer and asked for a copy with a rubberized head. They gave me 57497KG020 and cut it for $5 total.

This key blank is for the 90s Imprezas, Legacies, Outbacks, and SVX. After 2000, they changed to a different blank.

5. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

I went to Lowe's home improvement and got 3 extra keys for under $10......I'm bad about losing Keys