1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone should grab this

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Ran440, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ran440

Ran440 Member

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

It's not a 95...then everything else is suspect, like 140,000km. It's not a "DD".

I'd pass, anything over 2grand.

3. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Thanks Spaner
    What tells you it's not a 95? Headlights? Still on my learners permit. I see now that the speedo does not have the 6th diget like my 95
    It could be 141,000 km.

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Tear-drop style front wheel wells, back pillar reflectors, older style dash, cluster and steering wheel; with lower ignition location..front license plate positioning...

A could go on, a bunch of stuff...It's in the 80's, not the 90's.

Some one should tell him to check his seatbelts he,he...

5. Kei King

Kei King Member

It is a DB51T and should be a 1990 or early 1991 chassis. Easiest way to tell is the retro style boxy interior. The later DD/DC series had a more rounded modern interior. Both Suzukis have a very tight interior with sharp dash edges compared to Mitsubishi or especially Daihatsu. Parts should be a little easier to find for 91 (92) to 98 DD/DC series as they made them over a longer period time.

As for milage, easiest way to guage usage is to check seat corner wear (if original), paint on door sill wear, steering wheel texture wear, turn signal/wiper arm white markings wear, etc etc If these are all in good shape then I would assume milage is accurate.

I would definitly request better pics before bidding as it seems there is rust around the hinges, frame, bed sides,cab corners, nose etc that aren't showing up in those tiny photos.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Thanks again for the input. You guys really know your trucks.

7. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Sent the guy a message about what the mini truck experts said. Well he checked and the ad has been removed. He didn't say what year it really is. I'm sure I will see it re listed.

8. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Ha, ha...that's awsome...

That's the second time that he's had to pull the add. He's probably just going to keep it now...

9. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member