1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I hope you had a great vacation!

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I did. My vacation is a bunch of work, but I have a great time. Killed some hogs, and caught some nice fish on the AL coast. Luckily Mrs. Dohkei enjoys it as well.

3. Limestone

Ohkei,
    Sounds to me like your blessed, the same way I see myself! Especially during these crazy times! Getting back to nature is always the best!
    Limestone

4. Limestone

Well, been trying to get back to the Mini, but between, work, yard work, finally finishing getting the garden in, the fridge went down, got those parts in yesterday! Momma's happy! So with the back pack blower rebuilt, the dog gone walk behind string trimmer, isn't working up to snuff! Really is a back saver! Acting like a compression issue when pushing her into higher weeds, more load on the unit! Will test it later, to determine what's needed. Sound's like the rings are tired, like me!:D Dying to get back on the Mini, maybe later!
    Limestone

5. Limestone

Okay so I never did get to the mini today, had a 100 ft. tree snap off at about 10 ft. up. It's an old 2 ft. dia Elm tree, that was dead, and on my list to remove. Minimal damage, except when it snapped off, it wedged itself into the ground resting on a pine tree. I'll winch it over and down tomorrow, and start chopping it up. More firewood! Tore down the string trimmer, ordered a piston kit, while waiting for parts, I'll be playin Paul Bunyan! o_O

6. Limestone

Summer is here in full swing! Hot humid, bright sunshine, not complaining at all! Got the tree cleaned up, logged and skidded to a shaded clearing in the back wooded area. Will cut and split that in the fall. That allowed me to get all the grass cut! Got the parts for the walk behind string trimmer. With the head soaking in some Awesome degreaser juice, I'll finish cleaning that up, and hone the cylinder lightly just to take the glaze off, then install the new piston and rings, put her back in service, and then get some weed wackin done along the crick, and around the patio! Workin on some different ground cover around the patio, with more flowering color, Spring, Summer, and Fall! Will do a little planting to help momma out, getting the soil ready! With having a three day weekend again, Gonna get to the mini and re familiarize myself with where I'm at on it! Take care all, and God Bless!
    Limestone

7. Limestone

Staying busy with the yard work, besides being super busy at work, and in the high heat and humidity, it takes a little out of ya! The walk behind string trimmer is doing what it's supposed to. Had to shoot a couple woodchucks trying to eat momma's flowers, can't have that! Been enjoying watching the young deer with spots(fawns) play in the yard. With the heat and humidity, the garden is doing well. Putszed around in the shop a little yesterday, and plan on visiting the mini today!
    Limestone

8. Limestone

So Sunday I decided to finally put a new set of blades on the tractor, did some adjusting, to get it ready for cutting Mon. eve. I was able to do a little clean up in the shop, spent the am. with the Mrs. pulling some weeds and just mainly spending time together in the garden! Finally got back to the Mini with some small stuff, making a few notes, on some of the next steps I'd like to take! Got ready to cut Mon. eve., and I heard a noise that I didn't like, so I stopped and checked it out, and the adjustment bracket for the belts, spot welds broke off of the "z" bracket,. I was able to remove the deck and re weld and install and get back to cutting like I planned. Taking the night off, and going for a walk in the park with Momma!!! God Bless, and don't forget to take time to smell the Roses!
    Limestone

9. Limestone

Well, I'm pretty happy with the walk behind string trimmer that I rebuilt, as well as the backpack blower, as I have a lot of perimeter to try to keep the weeds down. I'm not really a spray on chemical guy, for all the obvious reasons, so a little elbow grease, and some time, and hard work, does the job. With the so called dog days of summer upon us, heat and humidity are just what the Dr. ordered for the garden. Starting to reap the benefits of are efforts. The Mrs. has really stepped up in that area as in others, as usual! The kid's are due in next weekend, so that will be fun! I glance at the Mini every day when I hit the garage, and first chance I get, I'll get back to her! Take Care all!
    Limestone

10. Ohkei Dohkei

Took a trip to the hunt camp and sent Ohkei Jr. out to fill a few feeders. Truck came back covered in mud and sounded terrible like it was missing. Dropped the rear hatch to find a spark plug wire had come off the distributor cap. I'm always amazed at how that sort of thing doesn't happen when I drive it or if I ride in it with him...

Limestone likes this.
  11. Limestone

Pretty Amazing isn't it?

12. Limestone

Well, it's a nice quiet, peace full Saturday morning, with a good fresh pot of coffee being enjoyed by my wife and myself. It's nice and cool out, as the heat and humidity has subsided for a bit. We enjoyed the evening on the patio, even had a little bon fire in the fire pit, enjoying a few beverages, and spending time! Gonna get to the mini today, and possibly Sunday. Hope everyone is doing well!
    Limestone

13. siren676

siren676 New Member

Tonneau cover finally arrived from Japan, installed it last night

received_658623754742565.jpeg

14. Ohkei Dohkei

That looks a lot like the tonneau covers they sell here in the states. Must be metric?

15. Limestone

Looks like a Grey/Silver tarp from WalMart to me! If that's your Tonneau cover, I'm glad for you!

16. Limestone

Lost a friend to a heart attack, at 48! An amazing wealth of knowledge, with a lot of mechanical ability, experience, and know how! Gonna just head out to the Mini and putz around. Seams like a good thing to do tonight!

17. Ohkei Dohkei

Sorry for your loss.

Limestone likes this.
  18. Limestone

Thanks Ohkei!

19. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’ve found that with the passing of some freinds, the best way to grieve them is to go do something that the two of you would have enjoyed doing together. Helps you remember good times, while still acknowledging their passing.

Limestone likes this.
  20. Limestone

Thanks Jigs, that's exactly what I've done! Spot on, once again with your advice!

21. Guamscrum

Guamscrum New Member

22. Limestone

Cool Scrum,
    Good Luck, and Thanks for da pics!

23. Limestone

Well, the weather is starting to turn, and that means a lot of things for a lot of us, naturally depending on where you live! Here in Northern Ohio, fall is in the air, and already changing things. The yard work changes, the Garden is winding down, will have to clean that up, and prep it for winter/next spring! Hunting season is upon us, depending on what you like! My oldest Son just bagged a huge Bull Elk in New Mexico, with a Bow, and is currently in Arizona, trying to help out his good friend get himself an Elk! I hear the Mini calling my name, as I've been busy with other projects, and want to get back to the Mini! I hope everyone is staying healthy, and doing well!
    Limestone

24. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I need to get mine ready for the winter. But our weather went from record highs, to a record low for two days, then went back to about five to ten degrees above normal.

And, the smoke from the west coast fires blew in, and the air quality has been above 150 for the last week. I’m hiding in the house, with enough air filtration for about 7000-sf, in the 1300-sf of my main floor, trying to keep the air quality down where i can breath.

25. Limestone

Well, I had great intentions, getting to the mini! I wound up in the attic, while it's cool, removing a couple attic fans that decided to quit working. Rainy day projects, on the bench, while I removed a 2 ft. x 6 ft. casement window, to take apart and replace the glass, weather dependent as I wanted to leave the window open with the screen in! Got that done, helped a neighbor with his outdoor patio, rebuild! Pulled the cucumber plants out of the garden, as that is winding down, but still producing, tomatoes, and peppers! Squeezed in a bike ride for exercise. Probably gonna take a walk in the park later with my bride! There goes another productive weekend! Hope all are doing well!
    Limestone

26. trktrd

trktrd Member

Ordered the mini’s a present. Since their arrival my ample covered parking has become compromised by their presence. I’m sure they will be very comfortable in their new garage. A 40’ shipping container. Plan on putting in a garage door with opener for easy access.

27. Limestone

trktrd,
    Great idea!
    Limestone

28. Ohkei Dohkei

I got my food plots planted just in time for 5" of rain from Sally and another 2" predicted from Beta. The General did great hauling that seed and chasing the seed spreader with a drag while I was in the dust free A/C! Good stuff.

29. Limestone

Had 50 yrds. Topsoil brought in through a friend (free), good stuff. Loaded up the mini a couple times, tonight, and filled a couple low spots, from removing trees and misc.! Always something to do! The weather is and has been gorgeous, gotta take advantage of it!
    Limestone

30. Guamscrum

Guamscrum New Member