1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Thanks for the input Rex, but not real sure about the foil, possibly scratching the Lexan, window, but the heat is still a consideration! Got the radiator in, with the fan assembly, and misc. etc..... last night! Got the rear air shocks in the mail today, gonna install over the long weekend, with the new rejuvenated rear, springs! Taking it easy tonight, spending the evening with the Mrs. wine and song! Can't go wrong!
    Limestone

2. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So, it's Easter Sunday! Part of a 3 day weekend. Celebrated my wife's birthday , yesterday, had a parade of her close relatives, do a drive through the turn around, (practicing the social distancing thing), her and I spending time together, walking in the woods, looking for deer antler shed's, morel mushrooms(a little early), watching a doe getting ready to drop her spring fawn, or fawns! The mallard's are in the creek, a pileated woodpecker, 16 inches tall is doing some hunting himself for bugs in old logs! A nice 60 degree day, just taking time to smell the roses! So the Eagles' had their Eaglet's yesterday! Pretty amazing! Haven't seen the wood ducks lately, got rid of the red fox a couple weeks back, so I know he's not the problem! The Mini Truck, oh yeah, gonna try to get in their in a bit, it usually takes me a bit to get back to her! Happy Easter, God Bless!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got the 31000 Monroe air shocks,info,(from the forum), on the rear, along with the newly refurbished rear leaf springs, which I had a leaf added, with a little more arch, or upward bend added, and also upping the lift, hauling capacity, in which I don't plan on ever maximizing, like what was done in the past to over, bend or stretch the existing springs, in the first place! I'm very happy with the end result of the install. The springs have a real nice appearance, with the proper arch, to them now, without being stressed! Did a little more clean up, and some more Eastwood Black, Encapsulator undercoating, rustproofing!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  4. installater

installater Member

Thought it needed some cab led lights, sibling rivalry u know
    Now I need to do a new headliner
    IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0508.jpg IMG_0517.jpg

Attached Files:

Limestone likes this.
  5. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Member

I have been looking for good cab lights but each time I find one that looks good half the people says they leaks and the other half likes it. Which one did you install? I really like the look good job.

6. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

A good friend of mine, from the old Heavy Equipment shop, gave me a 24 inch light bar new in the box, along with a 4x4 inch square light. I have plans in my mind to eventually improve my lighting on the little fella! I've been following all the lighting post's, getting idea's to go along with my own. Because I still want to trailer my mini to our hunt camp, 83 miles away in an enclosed, car hauler trailer. I want to keep my height, on the truck to a minimum, so as I drive up the ramp door, it'll clear the top of the trailer, header! So with that in mind, adding an additional LED light bar to the top, I plan on keeping it low to the cab, at the top of the windshield! I will put it on it's own switch, as an additional light, when needed! As for the other light that he had, I'll either match up another one with it, or use it by it self, as a rear light for backing up, when needed! Gonna head to the shop, and get busy, shortly. I can tell, that the little fella's been missin me! Lol!:) Stay healthy, Everyone!
    Limestone

7. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Well, I got out to the shop, a lot of misc. cleanup, de rusting, and several small things that needed to be done the the little fella! Made a couple small brackets and what have you! Had to come in a little early! The Mrs. and I are celebrating 38 really great yrs. together! Don't know how she did it, but I am grate full and, truly Blessed! God Bless!
    Limestone

8. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Congrats on the Anniversary! I like the idea on keeping the light bar low. I'm sure there is a reason for mounting it up high, but that is why I mounted mine at the bottom of the windshield since I already have a high roof, I didn't want to take out the garage door. I'm going to see mine in the morning turkey woods. The local mayor has said he was sending out the fuzz to pull over people to find out where they were going and making sure they are abiding by the shelter in place rules. Luckily getting groceries is within the rules!

9. installater

installater Member

I hope I installed the ones that don't leak, live in WA. will know soon enough
    I got them from SuperBrightLeds.com
    Triangle Led Trk & Trailer lights 3 3/8'' PC rated cab marker lights
    pigtail connector- surface mount 24 leds
    They are bright hooked them up to led 3 pin rocker switch, wasn't confident enough to mess with the truck wiring, so ran new wires
    Regards
    Brian

10. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Thanks, Ohkei, It is an option at the bottom of the winshield. I will visit that down the rd. when I'm ready!

11. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Installer,
    I've had several trucks, over the yrs., and never had an issue with them leaking, but I will say, that in today's flooded market of cheap, so called inexpensive parts, and accessories, it seems to have become a problem! I guess try to buy quality, gasketed lights like we used to back in the day! At least today we have several silicone based and other rtv sealants! Good Luck!
    Limestone

12. installater

installater Member

Morning Limestone,
    Yea I hear you. Siliconed around all pre-drilled holes the gasket was 3\8'' thick foamish mat. then around the cab roof
    on the inside. will wait for about a month , we should have plenty of rain by then to know if it leaks before new
    headliner gets made & installed. Will see
    Regards
    Brian

13. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Yeah, you really shouldn't have any problems with it if you did that!

14. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So headed out to the shop, got a lot of misc. cleanup done, put a lot of tools away that I had out, just mainly getting re organized, out there. A light dusting of snow yesterday, on the grass, hardly any all winter, pretty mild winter, all in all, didn't have to plow the drive once! Here in Cleveland, that's saying something! Heading up to 50 degrees today, gonna fire the little fella up and get him outside, let it run and flush the cooling system while I clean out the last bay in the shop! It's a lot easier doing it outside. Might as well take advantage of the good weather, and accomplish a couple more things, today!
    Limestone

15. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Headed back out to the shop, after dinner. Got a lot more clean up done, in order to fire up the mini. Got her outside, ran some radiator flush and clean, for Caterpillar equipment that we've had good luck with, over the yrs. Let her get up to temp. and run a while. All the time, sweeping out the shop, to start fresh on the next phase! Then when I pulled her in, I'll let that juice sit in the cooling system, with the distilled water that I mixed it with, and walla, she'll be like new, (inside the cooling system that is)! when I'm finished ! In the mean time, I threw the old stock 10 inch turf wheels on, to get a look at the progress with the lift, front and back. Really pleased with everything. Gonna order 25 inch Carlisle, Versa Trail tires! That will best suit my needs, for everything that I want to do! I'm glad that I waited, to make sure that I could go with the 25 inch, instead of the 23 inch tires. I'll need to do a little body work, at the front, of the front wheel wells, on both sides, which I was going to have to do it, any ways, with a rust issue at both spots! Stay Healthy All!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  16. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Jamison,
    This is the stuff we were talking about, (back on Feb. 18 th.), as far as an additive, to inhibit rust in the radiator! IMG_1304.jpg
    Limestone

17. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Gonna head out to the cleaned up shop in a bit, boy that's a good feeling, saying that. So, I let the, Caterpillar, equipment, radiator cleaning solution, sit overnight, cooling down, and when I go out I'll, fire her up again, and let her heat up, for a while, kinda, cooking,(if you will), and baking! I am in no hurry, to remove it, as it will do much more good than harm, sitting in there! When I do decide to remove it, I will thoroughly flush the system, with distilled water, trying not to cross contaminate, it with tap water! I know, it's kinda extreme, but, it's really not that hard! Then I will add the new radiator fluid! Not knowing what was in there before, is the biggest part of my reasoning! If you mix today's coolant with yesterday's coolant, not knowing, what you've got, you could cause some problems, with gelling, and, screwing up the cooling system! Most of this would be in extreme situations, but why take a chance! It's not a good habit to mix the different color coolants for a reason. They are produced in different colors to help distinguish, the different kinds! I plan on using an Extended life coolant, with rust inhibitors included in it! A good 50/50 mix, takes the guess work out of having potential problems down the rd. The coolant mixture, to me is just as important, as any other fluids, that we put in are vehicles! Today, it's pretty easy to do our own research, and learn about different tings, that were interested in! Stay Healthy everyone!
    Limestone

18. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Not a lot done today! It's so nice to see the shop floor! Did one of those drive by covid 19 parades for the Mrs. Niece, who helps me out in the garden. Great kid, turned 10! Good stuff, taking a breather. The weather was nice, just to take a ride, and smell the roses a bit! A little more clean up done, washed some vehicles. All's good! God Bless!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  19. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Sun shining, 60 degrees! Time to start cutting grass in this part of the world!!! Yard maintenance, lawn maintenance, neighbors to say hello to, from a safe distance! Not a lot done on the mini, this weekend! Did a little maintenance on the tractor! Cut some grass, pulled some weeds, for the Mrs., who is not afraid to get in there and do it her self! She's nursing a bad back, siatic nerve issues, and all. Been there and done that! Not fun! Stay Healthy Everyone!
    Limestone

20. DIYguy

DIYguy New Member

I increased the rear lift today to get closer to the front elevation. I had some 2x3 heavy wall

Attached Files: