1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. siren676

siren676 New Member

Took advantage of the lockdown and found my wheel stash in the shed.
    Test fit to see what size flares i need to make. Want to run the hello specials all round which means i'll have to find/make 60mm flares.

91409218_221312825778680_7061955012435378176_n.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  2. installater

installater Member

siren676
    Like the rear bottom left wheels

3. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Puttzed around in the garage, connecting the alternator, using di electric grease, on the connections, the rubber boot was torn, replaced that. Replaced bolts along the way that needed replacing, using never seize as needed, that darn stuff goes every where, doesn't it? Got another 3 day week end, gonna get out ther in a while and remove that right side window finally and belt sand it down, being careful not to try to take too much off and melt it, by heating it up,(friction), by going too fast!
    Limestone

4. Rexspeedworthy

Rexspeedworthy New Member

Painting painting painting
    IMG_20200403_141625283_HDR.jpg

punimog likes this.
  5. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Looking really good!

6. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got the window belt sanded, and made a few other track adjustments. Pretty happy with it. Gonna make a few small pieces of rubber guides to help keep the window on track, because the Lexan isn't bowed like the original window, it wants to bind, a little and not stay in the front track guide! I've seen these little tab like rubber do hickey's, if you will. Gonna make a couple after dinner, and glue em on with epoxy, I guess! I did have to trim about a 1/4 inch off of one of the door handle bolts, to help with track clearance!
    I did order two Kevlar belts, both 3/8 for the alternator, 31 inches long, and a 29 inch long belt for the hyd. pump! $20.00 bucks, pretty happy bout that, free ship to my door from a local company!:) Stay healthy and safe! Everyone!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Active Member

Lexan is not brittle like plexiglass and will not shatter. You can bow it, it will have some springback just like when you bend sheetmeal. I have actually put a sheet of Lexan in a metal brake and made some creases in it when fabricating windscreen for experimental airplanes. It does scratch easily, so have to be a bit careful in that respect.

Fred

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

Lexan can be bent on a metal brake to an 8-thickness radius, i.e. 1/8th lexan will bend to a 1-inch radius curve. You can bend it tighter, but it will craze.

Neat stuff.

9. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I picked up a fairly small shed while turkey hunting with my son this morning. Some great springtime scenery going on right now.

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got the Lexan window working pretty well now. I now have a window that wasn't there when I inherited this project! Gonna try and do a little clean up, around the mini, kinda looks like a small war zone! Not really the way I like it to be! Exactly Fred, that's why I chose to go with the Lexan, and not being an everyday driver, It'll work out fine!
    Limestone

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  11. Rexspeedworthy

Put on some major reverse lights on, custom brackets. Added a little pizazz to the subie as well.
    IMG_20200404_235048.jpg IMG_20200404_235026.jpg IMG_20200404_182623.jpg IMG_20200404_181719.jpg IMG_20200404_182623.jpg IMG_20200404_181719.jpg IMG_20200404_181747.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  12. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Nice work, Rex! Looks really good!

Rexspeedworthy likes this.
  13. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

After getting back from the river and catching a couple Steel head, as my therapy, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and all the fellas were spread out far enough apart to respect each others safe distancing, all retirees for the most part, with a few current, Cleveland Clinic Dr. mixed in, with too many scary stories with this Virus thing! Got back to the shop, after my therapy session on the river, for some shop therapy. I was able to make up some rubber do hickey tabs, as window guides, used some marine, 2 part epoxy on em. Will check them out in the morning, as I was able to glue up a piece of rubber window trim, that sets on the driver side door and acts as a window wiper, against the glass! The other side is missing, probably a casuallty, in the mysterious broken window, that my friend's two grand kids new nothing about, when questioned on the matter! lol:rolleyes: I've been thinking about the two previous post's from Fred, and Jig's, Who I have a lot of respect for both! Past post, have shown how much they have helped a lot of us out with these vehicle's! They've got me thinking about, possibly removing the Lexan window,(once again) and heating it up and, slightly bending, or curving it! I'll wind up sleeping on that one a while! With the good weather approaching, I am getting anxious to put her back on the rd., She has to earn her keep! LOL :) Took the evening off and put some ribs on the grill, music, the Mrs. a couple cold ones! I have been and am Blessed! Stay healthy all!
    Limestone

14. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

The steelies are runnin! IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1429.jpg

Ohkei Dohkei and Rexspeedworthy like this.
  15. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Puttzed around in the shop, got some clean up done, some more rustproofing! Enjoying life the best way I know how! This social distancing has never been a problem to me! Finished up in the shop! Face timing with the kids in Maryland! They took a walk in the woods, and found 2 full shed antler sets, and one single antler! They were from last year, being older, but they found a valuable sanctuary area where the deer hang out! Stay safe everybody!

16. Rexspeedworthy

Didn't get much done today, but I had to give her just a little attention.
    2 0h kays is okay by me.
    IMG_20200405_212828.jpg

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  17. Rexspeedworthy

I've debadge quite a few cars over the years, putting some stuff together I came up with this. I think the m is actually a w from a WRX I had.
    IMG_20200405_213647.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  18. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got the two Kevlar belts! Went on like a charm, adjusted em up and tightened everything and double checked, misc. bolts! Still chewing on the Lexan window! Thinkin, while the heat is still on in the shop, I might try to put the heat gun, from a short distance to try to get it to bend slightly and stay in that shape! I don't need much! I might try to call the shop that made it for me and pick their brains, a bit! Stay healthy!
    Limestone

19. Rexspeedworthy

Bend a piece of metal to the shape that you want the window, then heat it from beneath slowly. If the metal that you find is dirty, maybe put some aluminum foil over it first.

20. Rexspeedworthy

I'm wiring a ryobi battery to power my LED light bars and interior LEDs, and anything else I want to run but not off of this alternator.
    I wired it to A 6 blade fuse box.
    Most light bars are operational from 10 volts to about 40 volts. I'm going to need down step one of these junctions for the interior. IMG_20200406_212741998.jpg

Attached Files: