1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. installater

installater Member

Well I went into town today 215 mile r/t to the bank wanted to get some of MY
    MONEY wanted 10k sorry you can only get out 2k OK I will close all my accounts
    SORRY we can only still give you 2k Its getting crazy.
    On the up side the windshield wipers quit working, I live in WA. state not a good
    place for no windshield wipers, this is 2 weeks ago.
    Go looking in the mini truck world of suppliers on the good ol internet
    Find some used factory inspected, not taking a chance I will also buy wiper motor
    and the wiper combo switch thats the thing you operate the lights, t/s, flashers and
    the wipers
    IMG_0370.jpg .

week later get email says no got those used, but we have new ones
    double the money no thanks send refund / back to the internet were
    having fun now
    IMG_0369.jpg
    So I find these they look close what the hell I have lost more remember
    I could only get 2k from my bank today
    Hit the buy button oh yea forgot free shipping from India
    est. arrival 3/25 - 4/7 on my porch today
    Combo switch damn near identical
    IMG_0362.jpg .
    IMG_0367.jpg
    fits right on, pig tails snap right in all systems go lights,flashers T/S, P/l
    all good
    Haven't got to the wiper motor hopefully tomorrow

Limestone likes this.
  2. siren676

siren676 New Member

Helped a mate move his GSF400, handled the trip easy and wasn't fazed doing 100kph on the motorway
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Limestone likes this.
  3. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Good stuff guys! So I got the Lexan side window in the other night, no biggie, except, I placed the glass window from the left side, on a blanket, no problem, then I put the left side gate up and latched it, the way it's been the last several months as I am working all over this thing! You get used to walking around a vehicle after a while.(creatures of habit that we are) So on the rear corners of the back end, I have a couple of white rags hanging down as markers, kind of a habit I got into a long time ago! So I lowered the side gate and removed the glass window to compare both windows, and the template that I made, and all's good, everything lines up. I walked around the truck and forgot to put the side gate up an hit my head on that dog gone side gate, WOW, I didn't know that I had that many pretty colored birdies, in my garage, fluttering around, singing, and tweeting, and flying in circles!!! LOL:rolleyes:o_O:mad: I GOT DIZZY, AND ALMOST LOST MY BALANCE. Well, another lesson learned! Slow down and pay attention dummy! It's my own fault naturally, I got excited and wanted to get that dog gone window in! Ned less to say, I took the last couple nights off!

4. installater

installater Member

You think we would learn my now, if there is no blood by the end
    of the day I consider myself lucky or I haven't done anything

Limestone likes this.
  5. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Can't screw up if were not tryin!!!;) I'll go downa fightin!!! It's the only way I know! A good friend of mine used to say "God don't love a coward"!!!:) Kinda sacrilegious!;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  6. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Finally got back out to the garage. Put some wallpaper up for the Mrs. yesterday, happy wife happy life!!! (38 great yrs.) Dealing with a little SHINGLES problem, on my stomach. First time for this, I hope it's the last! What a pain, literally! So, I putzed around the garage doing small stuff, cleaning up, here and there, started to, install the rest of the misc. pulleys, timing belt cover. Didn't like how it was sitting, so I took it off and reapplied it making sure to seal out all the misc. dirt holes. Finally got back to the window, and I wasn't happy with the track glides. All the so called track felt doesn't look to hot, so I took the glides off to work on them tomorrow. Probably gonna glue some felt material on the glides for the Lexan to run on. Lots of little thing to do here and there always, but for me it's still fun! Especially when everyone is being told to stay home, hell I never had a problem withit! I looked out the garage door and counted 14 deer, then the turkeys were strutting, trying to impress their mates, one finally got a female down and they did their thing.;) Then, there was 12 ducks in the creek, 4 Mallards, 6 Woodies(my favorite). So we'll see what tomorrow brings. Stay Safe Everyone! God Bless!!!
    Limestone

7. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Wow Limestone, sounds like you live in an outdoor paradise!

8. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

It really is! We live near what is called a metro park system,it's a chain of parks to hike, fish walk, bike, etc..... also near a national park,(Cuyahoga Valley, National Park) When my wife and I were building our house some 40 yrs. ago,(and I mean doing almost all the physical work) we didn't see this much wildlife, but as things change, the whole area has developed into our own little sanctuary! Pretty neat! When I got home from work, after stopping off at the Heavy Equipment shop to do some small part sandblasting, my wife was telling me about the same wildlife scenario that I was describing earlier, except, a Red Tail Hawk was eyeballing the Ducks in the creak, and a Red Fox was eyeballing, any easy meal he could get his hands on! It's zoned country living as we set back from the rd. some 500 ft. and are within two major cities in northern Ohio. Heck, it's home! We do love it here! Sorry for ramblin, Gonna spend the evening with the Mrs., not the Mini tonight!
    Limestone

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  9. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Headed out to the shop after work, cleaned up the window rails, and glued some felt to them. Gonna let that set at least overnight. Glued the bottom window brackets on also, not real crazy how they just kinda pinch the glass or in this case the Lexan, plastic! Might drill a couple small holes in and put a small screw in each to hold it in place. There seams to be a little more stress on the new window, simply because it's not curved like the original glass window. That way it won't come loose while raising the window up! Never was a big fan on having to go back in and redo something, when I could have taken care of it the first time! Stay well everyone!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  10. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

No shop work tonight, sun was shining, 60 degrees, took a walk in the woods with my wife, and enjoyed the outdoors! White tail deer antler shed hunting!
    Limestone

11. Rexspeedworthy

Rexspeedworthy New Member

I'm in the process of painting The Sambar. I took the LED 7-inch rounds out of my 1979 Toyota Corolla and installed them on the Sambar. Everything seemed okay so I button the whole front end up.
    IMG_20200326_124820~2.jpg

When I turn on the headlights they come on low beam only, but the light on the dash indicates that the brights are on, when they are not. When I flip the stalk to brights , the brights come on blue light on dash remains. When I turn the brights off, according to the stalk, it doesn't matter the lights stay on bright. If I turn the lights off and back on they will be in the low beam setting. So driving it, if I want bright lights I simply pull backwards on the stalk and the brights will be on, if another car comes I turn them off and back on real quick to be in the low beam setting. Does anybody know what the hell's going on? I can live with this I just don't know if I could cause damage down the road.
    I can't get the Halo ring to work either.

Limestone likes this.
  12. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Sounds like a question for Jigs! He's pretty good with those kind of problems!

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

My first guess is it is related to the switched ground set up, and is ground back trough the indicator.

Try one of these: H4 (9003) Negative Switch Harness - For 7 inch LED Headlight on Jeep Wrangler JK TJ or Trucks Motorcycle Car leds headlights bulbs (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QZT2VRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_XgNFEbRF5Y58E

Or: Anti Flicker Decoder & HID Kit Computer Warning Canceler - For 7 inch LED Headlight on Jeep Wrangler JK TJ or Trucks Motorcycle Car leds headlights bulbs (Green Plug (H4-H4)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A8971E0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5iNFEb2TTQPBB

Limestone likes this.
  14. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

That's great info, Jigs! I would try it, if it was my situation!

15. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got back out to the shop, finally. puttsed around on a few things and then finally got to playing with the lexan window. The glide rails, came out really nice, gluing some felt in the slides. The key for me was to open up or spread apart the channel that the window will slide through. A friend of mine gave me a used, but discarded medical cast removal tool, yrs. ago. It's like a pair of pliers, but, they spread apart instead of clamping down like a normal set of pliers. Man did these things really help out a lot! After I installed the rails I was able to massage them a little further, so as to increase the opening, as the window slides through! A couple more tries, and I think I'll have it! Stay Healthy everyone!
    Limestone

16. installater

installater Member

Well, I thought I would try to put some formed flares on
    anything will be better than the road grim and mud up to
    the top of the door mirrors
    IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    From 20 feet it looks ok and hell when I'm in the truck
    there invisible

Limestone likes this.
  17. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

They look great!

18. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So, I did forget to re iterate, that part of the problem with my window being broke, is there's a crease on the inside of the right hand door, about half to three quarters of the way up on the door skin. I'm wondering if this how my friend's grand kid's broke the window in the beginning. I got all the broken glass out of the bottom of the door, by taping a smaller hose to one of my shop Vac's, and reducing it down, to sneak it in to where I needed to get it to! It's also giving me a good look at the inside of the door skin, at the bottom, to see how much work I need to do to, remove the rust, and small amount of deteriorated metal from any road salt, and or Cleveland rust belt winters that got up in there! I am still working towards the size tires that I haven't purchased yet, and I am wanting to put on at least a size 12" wheel from stock 10" wheels, with hopefully at least 23" tires, or possibly 25" tires! So the good news is the inside of the doors aren't really all that bad. I could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, when I fix the doors, if I have to, I could, expand, and widen out the wheel wells a little, as needed to except larger diameter tires! At least that's where my head is at this point in time.
    Limestone

19. installater

installater Member

Thanks

20. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Got back out to the shop, after taking care of a few things for the Mrs. Got the window going up and down, after some metal work massaging! Took the air hammer to the inside of the skin, taking out most of the crease, and the after a few tries, the metal is so thin on these things, that a few tweaks were needed to realign the tracks! So I'm pretty happy with the window for the most part, it closes stiffly and tight. It will keep the weather out. I had them make the window to the exact same dimensions as the other window on the other side, in conjunction to my cardboard template. That's fine, but as I review it now, I'm thinking of taking it out to belt sand a little off both sides to eliminate the small amount of binding that I'm experiencing! I sprayed some silicone on the felt, while I am breaking for lunch! I'm hoping that will help as it wears in a bit, but I kinda know better. I'm gonna have to pull it again and belt sand it!;) Stay Well Everyone!
    Limestone