1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Rusty Dodge

Rusty Dodge New Member

In between cancer treatment and waiting on my radiator to get cleaned and new parts to get here water pump etc.. I thought I would powdercoat the tired looking fan shroud in silver vein. Silver vein is one of my favorites it looks good and helps hide blemishes.
    Added some heat shrink tubing to the wire harness holders as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. Arty

Arty Member

Wow! Did that ever come out nice!

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Nice job!

4. Adam C Spry

Adam C Spry Member Supporting Member

5. Adam C Spry

Adam C Spry Member Supporting Member

Added a heavy duty rubber bed mat, and glued astroturf to one side, plus astroturf in the rubber floor mat (actually made a noticeable sound dampening) also put the boys to work with another load of compost and soil for the new garden expansion. IMG_2340.jpeg IMG_2337.jpeg IMG_2333.jpeg IMG_2332.jpeg

6. Kirk B

Kirk B New Member

Finally getting reman engine installed. took longer to put in than getting it from Japan.
    If you wonder what the blue thing is for : coolant filter system from diesel truck.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Adam C Spry and Limestone like this.
  7. Limestone

Adam,
    Looks nice! Smart, and cost effective! The beauty of it as you know, it's easy to clean!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  8. Limestone

Kirk,
    Keep us updated, and filled in! We enjoy the pics! Good Luck!
    Limestone

9. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

10. Limestone

Or pitch nine innings! LOL!

Adam C Spry likes this.
  11. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

DA02D912-7183-4B40-9A98-9EEA2A7FF0B4.jpeg 652ACBC1-2268-4F37-AF2F-68B367AD1421.jpeg
    changed the oil using my favourite brand and filter brand, Mobil1 and Wix filter. Oil was nasty and was so glad to get that Fram filter off. The truck sounds much better now when idling or driving as before the change I could detect the sounds of a badly diluted, or worn out oil. Next job is the tranny oil change.

12. Rusty Dodge

Rusty Dodge New Member

Ripped the filter box apart and powdercoated it today. Glad I did I found a mouse nest in one of the tubes and the factory sealant they used was brittle and basically it was leaking all over. 20210518_183853.jpg

Adam C Spry and A. Gillingham like this.
  13. Limestone

Rusty,
    This is exactly the point that I try to make all the time! The mouse nest, the leaky air due to the aged, old, and dried out sealant, needed attention! On these Mini's, the square tubular frames are used for venting, and can get clogged with mouse, spider, and all kinds of foreign blockage. Probably, instead of cleaning out the square inner tubular frame rails, it's probably easier to just re route the venting system on them, eliminating, yet another possible problem, down the road! I love the Hammer finish! Good Job!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  14. Rusty Dodge

Rusty Dodge New Member

Yeah I am gonna look at all the tubing and stuff since I have the bed off. Makes it alot easier with it off the truck

15. Limestone

So just a follow up from a past post here, that I put in a long while back. I finally picked up a slightly used 6 foot plow for my mini, that was promised to me through a late close friend, involving two other friends. I know, it's confusing, and there's a lot of moving parts and deals that have gone on, and the bottom line is, it didn't cost me a dime, and I'll post picks as I get it together, and adapt, fabricate, and build as needed!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  16. Limestone

Another follow up. So I got everything taken apart, because the plow, although slightly used, sat outside, naturally, like most, needed a little TLC, for my standards. I cleaned, and de greased everything, even removing the cutting edge on the bottom. Got everything, primed, and re painted, and made a list, of some Miscellaneous parts, that I'll need to get it back up to snuff. I had to make a few small adjustments in some of the steel parts, that had a few dings, and bends, from a little misuse, in my estimation. Too many people think that a snow plow is a Bulldozer! Will work on getting the rest of the parts, as needed. Will keep you posted!
    Limestone