1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Ohkei,
    You probably already know this trick! When you get back to Camp, with the Positive lead hooked to the Battery, touch the Ground Lead to the Negative post Terminal, and if there's any Spark at all, Big or Small, then there's a Drain, somewhere in the System! Your Correct with Installing a cutoff switch!(Ground Disconnect) Glad you were able to catch some fish. Were nailing the Steelheads, up here!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Yes, I did get a small spark. I'm sure it's the radio I installed. It has a usb port that is always on, and I'm sure the voltage regulator that drops it to usb voltage takes a little juice. If I'm there every week there's no issue, but if I miss a week, it's pretty much dead.

Adam C Spry likes this.
  3. installater

installater Active Member

Decided I did not like the rear fenders, they worked but just did not fit. Went with these trailer boat fenders
    instead will paint when weather is warmer
    new
    thumbnail (29).jpg
    old
    IMG_0820.jpg

Adam C Spry likes this.
  4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I just left mine black.

Adam C Spry likes this.
  5. installater

But I still have a few cans of green left

Adam C Spry likes this.
  6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I wasn’t sure that the paint would actually adhere to the fenders. Some plastics are very hard to paint, and require expensive paints. The manufacturer produces them in whits and black, which what nearly all trailers are painted.

Adam C Spry likes this.
  7. installater

Haven't got around to them yet but will let u know how they turn out right now I am counting on the winter to be over & been cleaning the grim &
    winter s&#$ off IMG_1240.JPG

Limestone and Adam C Spry like this.
  8. installater

Well weather has been alright so got the bed back on with the painted fenders
    upload_2021-4-2_8-3-30.png upload_2021-4-2_8-4-38.png
    upload_2021-4-2_8-5-5.png upload_2021-4-2_8-5-26.png

Adam C Spry likes this.
  9. Limestone

install,
    Nice job! A lot of time and effort into your project! The Mini FORD looks nice! Thanks for the pics! It truly gives Guy's ideas!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  10. installater

Thanks Limestone, they are a lot of fun. Hope all is well
    Brian

Adam C Spry likes this.
  11. Limestone

install,
    Yeah were good! Thanks, moving along, and fore ward like everyone else! Staying busy! Always something to do if we want, right! Stay Healthy!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  12. Limestone

I was wondering what you used on your frame? I might have missed what you said you used. I used, Eastwood's Encapsulate on mine and was very happy, and impressed with it! As far as the Plastic, components, I've had great results with Krylon products , over the years, on different plastics!
    Limestone