1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I pulled out two F150's that had gotten stuck. One was a 2wd, the other a 4wd that had a bad solenoid that made it a 2wd.

Jigs-n-fixtures likes this.
  2. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei New Member

Ordered a new distributor from Yokohama, as that was apparently the source of my backfiring issues. Now just the waiting....the parts are from Japan, but the shipping is definitely not overnight. :) Also ordered a Grant steering wheel and installation kit. Adventure!

3. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

I see what you did there.

4. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei New Member

Added 5hp from new stickers:

LowOutput.jpg

5. Arty

Arty Active Member

I like it! Those stickers must make it fly!!!

6. Ohkei Dohkei

I replaced my brake pads today. I would have had it done on Saturday, but I got confused by two 5 pointed bolts that I couldn't get off. If I would have searched this forum first, I would have realized that there were two perfectly good 6 point bolts that were hiding behind them out of sight.

Limestone likes this.
  7. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei New Member

I paid to get my distributor replaced today! Didn't do it myself, because I'm a danger to myself and others when tools are involved. The important thing is, it was done, and the truck is now running great! Woot!

installater likes this.
  8. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

A Man has to know his limitations!
    (Clint Eastwood)

Limestone

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    fmartin_gila likes this.
  9. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Member

I hit the roof and bumpers with plastidip to hide the pealing clearcoat on the roof and dressup the scuffed bumpers:

joypop_painted.jpg

installater and Ohkei Dohkei like this.
  10. Arty

Arty Active Member

Looks great!

t_g_farrell likes this.
  11. Ohkei Dohkei

Another weekend in the deer woods with perfect performance. Everyone at hunting camp is impressed with the beast.

12. kwbooth

kwbooth New Member

Tinted the windows and put the front license plate.

IMG_2798.JPG

installater likes this.
  13. installater

installater Active Member

So I picked up a Honda Acty SDX 2WD seems a lot quicker than my Carry
    I believe I will keep it stock other than some bigger T&W
    There are some essentials that need adding
    IMG_1376.JPG

14. kwbooth

kwbooth New Member

Put some LED headlights in.

Used like new from Amazon Warehouse for $36.99. Link for those interested and bonus, as of 10:57 p.m. US Eastern Time, they still have some at the low price . https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082SMHB1M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

No flicker that I can tell after 1/2 a day. These did come with anti-flicker modules even though the description does not say they do come included. Reading the reviews a few buyers mentioned needing to modify their housings or surrounds or buy anti-flicker kits or some other adapter. For my truck, plug and play and all seems to work as expected. I don't expect to drive it at night often and this was more of a facelift item for me than anything else. And the cost, well, was right for the reason.

481FE85B-0256-4A05-80CE-E945E825DA74_1_201_a.jpeg

installater likes this.
  15. Skeets

Skeets Member

Got my truck back on the road after new rear axles.

Attached Files:

kwbooth likes this.
  16. Just 4 Fun

Just 4 Fun New Member

Cut 3 inches off the shifter……

I’m 6’4” and 220 lbs, found I was having trouble fitting my knee between the steering wheel and the shifter to hit the clutch so I could down shift from 5th to 4th.

3 inches may be a lil much for most people but it works for my lanky ass lol

FD82F42D-41B3-4A3F-8161-6D07C5D6A7D7.jpeg 7699CC60-8EB3-41CD-BE9D-C30F892670AA.jpeg B1BD7582-DD6E-4E9A-BB31-6D126590043B.jpeg 66F36649-987A-4D1F-B300-26C515123728.jpeg 6A1C4D56-6663-43C6-B31C-010106F3AE07.jpeg

J4F

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:00 PM
    Acerguy and installater like this.
  17. Arty

Arty Active Member

Good fix. I bet it works just fine.