1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. installater

installater Active Member

Been busy with other things but still changing the mini to my likes, got tired of the old warn smooth wiper/light combo arms
    found one on aliexpress for $10 & $14 shipping one of the pig tail adapters didn,t want to slip in so cut & re-attached the wires
    to the old one
    thumbnail (5).jpg thumbnail (6).jpg thumbnail (7).jpg
    Also made an attempt with my moms old sewing machine to redo my seats & door panels
    IMG_1038.JPG
    Regards
    Brian

Adam C Spry likes this.
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

install,
    Great pics, and info. You've been staying busy, I like it! Give Mom's Sewing Machine a workout! With more pics! lol! My Mother, May She Rest in Peace, was unbelievable on the Sewing machine! She made, a couple of, my Sisters Wedding Dresses, was always repairing something for me on that machine! Good Stuff!
    Limestone

Adam C Spry likes this.
  3. installater

Limestone , My Mother has been gone awhile also. Had to ask my brother if we still had any of her stuff a couple of days
    going through some barns on property found it. still working after all these years she probably could have done them in a day or two
    where it took me over a week of struggling & cussing my first and last attempt
    Regards
    Brian

Adam C Spry likes this.
  4. Limestone

Sorry to hear that! It shows how we were taught to do what we do, and what was instilled in Us from the beginning! Good Work Ethic!
    Limestone

5. installater

having trouble trouble with pics not too savvy with computers , here is the door panels did passenger side first
    Then drivers different so had to redo to passenger to match can you say poor planning IMG_0959.jpg IMG_0952.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  6. Casey M Pinch

Casey M Pinch Member

Installater, That looks great. You're really making it look custom and clean. I like it, good job

7. Limestone

Staller!
    I'm in the same boat! The pics are great! Looks really nice! Great work! A friend of mine used to Own a Boat Cover shop, and boy that guy was an artist with the sowing machine! He did a lot of stuff for me, back in the Day! Your work reminds me of His! It looks good!
    Limestone!

8. installater

Thank You

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Got the plow on. Forecast is for 2-inches of snow over night. And 3 to 4-inches on Thursday.
    C3D462E0-0BA0-4CEA-B5A9-3BEFADE95E2D.jpeg

10. installater

Always good to be prepared ahead of time, it tried snowing here this am but didn't make it.

11. Casey M Pinch

Casey M Pinch Member

That looks great. I'd like to see some pics with the plow in action. Have fun!

12. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

109959D3-64C3-45DD-AE0C-17BF32475D8B.jpeg
    Winter before last. It was tricky, getting it to pile higher than the top of the plow.

13. Casey M Pinch

Casey M Pinch Member

That looks very useful for that weather. Cool, thanks for sharing

14. Limestone

Got a few more projects finished up! No Holiday travel Plans, as many friends and Relatives are down with this Covid, ^&*%!!! With a few days off, gonna head out to the shop and try to get a few more buttoned up. I have been getting closer to the Mini, in the way of planning my next steps. Will keep you posted! Probably gonna mainly concentrate, on shop organization, to make my project easier! Guy's, what would we do without our Shops? Stay Healthy!
    Limestone

15. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

Yep. im gonna be snowblading in the morning.... sitting in the heated cab.. smiling all the way.

Limestone likes this.
  16. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

lets see if i can get this pic to host ... PXL_20201225_180938230_2.jpg

Limestone likes this.
  17. Limestone

SDK,
    That's a good pic!
    Limestone

18. Limestone

IMG_2009-1.jpg

Attached Files:

19. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

^^ thank you very much. it posted way huger than i intended it to be. LMAO

clicking on your pic i also saw Jig's blade on his truck... looks like he has the fully powered blade. maybe some day that will happen to mine.

20. Limestone

Yeah, those are my plans. It's one of my next future projects! The full powered blade, with all the functions, is the only way I would go! It seems Covid has affected all of us, in more ways than not. My good friend Tim, of 75 yrs. young is on a Ventilator, with it, his side kick John who donated a Kidney to him 5 yrs. ago, is getting over it. Both work in the Heavy Equipment shop together, that I used to Work in! I know to many people, who has had it, and who have it! Crazy! I guess until we all get it, and get Immune'd to it, it's not gonna go away! Stay healthy everyone!
    Limestone

21. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

LS,

i hear ya bud. my neighbors on the farms on all sides of me have it or are just getting over it. They are all in their 60's or more...

lets hope those immunity boosting shots coming later are good.

22. Limestone

Sorry to hear that about the Neighbors! I know of a couple of Nurses, first responders, that have gotten the Vaccine, and so far so good! Stay Healthy!
    Limestone

23. Limestone

Well, I lost my good Friend Tim yesterday,(75), between the Pneumonia, Covid, and his 5 yr. old kidney transplant, it was just too much! His Kidney was shutting down, and that was it! I truly feel lucky to have known, and met him, as he was a great guy, and a wealth of knowledge, who was Loved by all! Stay safe, and Healthy!
    Limestone

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  24. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Sorry for your loss.

Limestone likes this.
  25. Arty

Arty Active Member

I'm sorry too Limestone.

Limestone likes this.
  26. Limestone

Well, I've been putting around in the garage staying busy with small stuff, and buttoning up loose ends. Gotta stay busy! Just my way of surviving I guess! Stay Healthy all!
    Limestone

27. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Changed spark plugs and swapped out the tail gate chains for OEM replacements. Installed a Japanese front license plate because it's the only thing that'll fit properly on a Kei truck and look appropriate.

28. Limestone

Well my buddy Tim, who passed, I found out, left me an Onan 4000 kw Generator that he got out of an RV! They told me that he wanted to surprise me with it, from the H. E. shop. So I've been putting around with that the last two days. It runs good and, I was just going over the fine points with it! It weighs 200 lbs. So I'll probably just use it to run the house when needed! Stay Healthy all!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  29. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I left the General at hunt camp and brought home the 4 wheeler to repair some shifting issues. I was able to get up there and crank and let it run for 15 minutes to charge the battery. Once I get the 4 wheeler taken care of and out of the garage, I'll bring it home and work on a few things (to include a full size battery swap).

Limestone likes this.
  30. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Well... some of you may remember me. I was active here a few years ago... got busy. Time passed.

At that time I was driving a DB51T, crusty but trusty. Finally she came up for inspection again, and... ya. At 30 years old she was starting to leak oil, possible rear crank seal, starting to leak coolant (everywhere, all those little hoses) and the rust was setting in in earnest. Could have fixed 'er up I suppose, but in the end it really didn't make a lot of sense.

I'd already been looking for a replacement for a couple of years, waiting for the Right One to come along. Patience Grasshopper, these things take time. Finally I found what I was looking for. 2004 DA63T, 24k km (15k miles) 4x4 5-speed manual. Well kept, and the old guy that owned it had parked it up six years prior due to failing driving ability. His son took care of it, took it for the occasional spin and kept the tax paid. He listed it on Yahoo Auto Auctions, and I nabbed it literally minutes later for a very reasonable BIN price.

Took a little time to arrange the whole deal, but we talked on the phone and finally worked it all out (the truck was out of town a bit about 90 minutes away). He decided to drive to town here and clear the paperwork at my guy's shop, then drive me to where the thing was. Very cool deal, and we had a nice chat on the way there.

The truck was as represented. A few dents and scuffs on the corners due to previously mentioned failing driving ability but nothing serious. He'd faxed me the shaken-sho (title) and I'd got insurance and temporary plates, so we swapped tags and I drove it home, after freshening the fuel by topping it up. She rode just a tad heavy; in the bed of the truck was an almost brand-new Aiba Works snow plow, included in the deal.

After a thorough going-through, including all fresh fluids (it didn't really need anything else) it went to my long-time body guy, who straightened the corners and shot some paint. Came out looking pretty decent, for a 16 year-old truck. I replaced the front bumper/fascia myself with new and did a few additional minor touch-ups.

Since then I've done a few upgrades, including a GT CarProduce strut tower brace, and of course fresh rubber and rims all around. Winter and summer... the old stuff was a little past its freshness date. Some interior improvements as well, gotta take a picture I guess. Stereo a work in progress, I have all the stuff... just need to find the time to get it all set up.

Well enough jabbering, here's a couple of pictures.

As she arrived home, after inspection and tin bashing:

[​IMG]

And as it stands today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's the story.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021