1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

You use eBay, and set the location search filter to world wide. The trick is knowing what other names for your truck to use. Or, a part number for your shock from an after market manufacturer.

The S80 series Hijets had KYB shocks as OEM, and the Hijet was sold in the EU under a couple of different names. And, manufactured in Italy under license by Piaggio as the Porter. I found the KYB part numbers on the Japanese KYB site, took a bit, using Google Translate. There are a couple of folks on the forum now, who live in Japan, and they might be able to help out by finding the KYB numbers for other trucks, and avoid the inaccuracy of Google Translate.

Knowing that the KYB part numbers are 6333117, and 6333118, they were pretty easy to find on eBay.

Limestone likes this.
  2. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

ill pm ya ...

3. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

SDK,
    Okay so let me see, on this forum, Roll Tider 123, started a thread called, New Struts? Heavier Springs? or Replace Both? You might remember it! Jig's and Fixtures, had a post on, 10/30/2019, in regards to the title, that started me on what I needed and ordered! Go ahead and review that, and, then I remember that Jig's instructed me to go to ebay and use the world wide search, and in UK, I was able to find what I needed per the KYB # that he provided me for my unit! Sorry, I don't remember what unit you have, so I'm not sure if the same struts or different ones are needed for your application! I hope this helps! Good Luck. and keep us posted!
    Limestone

4. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

SDK,
    Sorry, I had several distractions, I just saw Jig's post! I'm glad that he was able to weigh in!
    Limestone

5. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Ohkei,
    You were right! I spoke with my friend today, and he found out that he did get the bug and tar remover from his wife yrs. ago, and the name of it is Citrol! I looked it up and the main ingredient in it is Limonene!
    You nailed it! I also noticed that it's not very cheap, as far as price goes, but I'll tell you, if I ever have to do it again, I'd order some!
    Limestone

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  6. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

^^ citricell & sentinell 777 are also citrus based solvent/mastic/glue removers... 5 gal is about $60 at most of your industrial supply places.

Limestone likes this.
  7. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So I did find that Goo Gone contains D-Limonene! No wonder, that was working pretty well too! I just wasn't prepared to buy a gallon of it!:eek:
    Limestone

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  8. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Finally got back to the Mini! With all the yard work,. I was waiting on some parts, to rebuild a backpack blower,(rings etc...) and outside upkeep, that I truly do enjoy. She was sittin there just like I left her. I threw a set of Iridium plugs in her and fired her up, with a few small adjustments, and setting the timing to what I thought she liked, she's running pretty good, in the shop! As it's cooled down to an enjoyable 70 degrees, from mid 90's, and high humidity! I can turn the AC off in the shop, and enjoy, the breeze! I plan on taking her out shortly, while it's cool out, and running her, just to shake some cob webs off! It hasn't been out of the shop since last fall! I plan on leaving her out, while I rebuild the backpack blower, then clean up in the shop, before I pull her back in, later! I definitely am anxious to jump in her later, after sitting outside all day in the mild weather, firing her, right up and taking her for a spin around, just to get a little more feel for, what I have planned next! Stay healthy everyone!
    Limestone

9. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Well, I was able to get her out and about a little, and after I got the backpack blower rebuilt, I took her through the back forty, and around the property, just to see how she responded! I was pretty happy with her, when a friend stopped by with some vegetable plants that need to go in the ground this weekend! So there goes the mini plans for the weekend, as I was at least able to get a couple acres of grass cut today! Take Care all!
    Limestone

10. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I've been on vacation, came back and the general was waiting for me. Fired right up!

11. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

I hope you had a great vacation!

12. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I did. My vacation is a bunch of work, but I have a great time. Killed some hogs, and caught some nice fish on the AL coast. Luckily Mrs. Dohkei enjoys it as well.

13. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Ohkei,
    Sounds to me like your blessed, the same way I see myself! Especially during these crazy times! Getting back to nature is always the best!
    Limestone

14. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Well, been trying to get back to the Mini, but between, work, yard work, finally finishing getting the garden in, the fridge went down, got those parts in yesterday! Momma's happy! So with the back pack blower rebuilt, the dog gone walk behind string trimmer, isn't working up to snuff! Really is a back saver! Acting like a compression issue when pushing her into higher weeds, more load on the unit! Will test it later, to determine what's needed. Sound's like the rings are tired, like me!:D Dying to get back on the Mini, maybe later!
    Limestone

15. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Okay so I never did get to the mini today, had a 100 ft. tree snap off at about 10 ft. up. It's an old 2 ft. dia Elm tree, that was dead, and on my list to remove. Minimal damage, except when it snapped off, it wedged itself into the ground resting on a pine tree. I'll winch it over and down tomorrow, and start chopping it up. More firewood! Tore down the string trimmer, ordered a piston kit, while waiting for parts, I'll be playin Paul Bunyan! o_O

16. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Summer is here in full swing! Hot humid, bright sunshine, not complaining at all! Got the tree cleaned up, logged and skidded to a shaded clearing in the back wooded area. Will cut and split that in the fall. That allowed me to get all the grass cut! Got the parts for the walk behind string trimmer. With the head soaking in some Awesome degreaser juice, I'll finish cleaning that up, and hone the cylinder lightly just to take the glaze off, then install the new piston and rings, put her back in service, and then get some weed wackin done along the crick, and around the patio! Workin on some different ground cover around the patio, with more flowering color, Spring, Summer, and Fall! Will do a little planting to help momma out, getting the soil ready! With having a three day weekend again, Gonna get to the mini and re familiarize myself with where I'm at on it! Take care all, and God Bless!
    Limestone