1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Nice job, can you share with us your paint gun setup?

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

So, still didn't get back to hunting camp and finish up the projects out there, and bring the mini back home! Took care of some leaves yesterday, as the weather is cooling down. Today, the weather was a mixture of rain, in the am, spots of sun, clouds, with overcast, and high winds bringing in some lake effect snow! The ground is to warm for it to stick, and were supposed to head back up to the 60's, during the week. Will head back up to camp on the weekend and finish up some projects! Getting the garage cleaned up, before I bring the mini home. Got a few projects planned for it, this winter! Take care all!
    Limestone

3. Joey Gibbs

Joey Gibbs Member

Believe it or not, I used spray paint for the base coat. I ended up using Rustoleum Midnight Black Metallic. I did 3 coats of Rustoleum primer then 3 coats of base coat, wet sanding in between each. After that was done I borrowed my buddies spray gun and watched a youtube video on how to set it up. Purchased clearcoat from the local auto body paint supply place and sprayed it. Today I got the whole cab buffed and polished and fixed the yellowing lenses on my headlights. The Gun I borrowed was a basic Gun from Canadian tire.

SAITCHO likes this.
  4. Limestone

Wow, it looks great! I think many of us were expecting some elaborate paint set up!
    Limestone

5. Limestone

Heading out to Hunt Camp! Gotta finish some work up, and bring the Mini back home! Really enjoying this Indian summer!
    Limestone

6. Limestone

Got back late last night! Brought the Mini back with us! Got a lot done, and finished up! Just simply gorgeous weather right now! A lot of Corn is being picked up right now as all the Farmer's are working their Combines like crazy! They'll probably pick ours up this week some time. A lot of talk around about the Big Bucks, everyone keeps seeing, on our property! Every year we hear this, as we have one of the larger tracks of land with rolling, wooded hills, bottom land, thick with cover, that goes down to the Conneaut Creek! It's called a Creek, but it is actually a River that starts at Lake Erie, in Ohio, and winds through Pennsylvania, and back to Lake Erie! The Original property has been in the Family since the 50's. Turned down another offer, from an older couple looking for a place to retire, off the beaten path! Years ago, one of the old timers, that has since passed, had a Sugar House, where they boiled Sap, and made Maple Syrup on the property! The old foundation, is still there, but the Sugar House has been down for years! We have a lot of nice Hardwoods, that we manage on the property! We are currently contracting on a parcel to remove about 1200 trees this winter, when the ground is frozen, with Horses, as it'll do less damage to the property, and be the least evasive! There's always something to do! Enjoy all!
    Limestone

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That sounds like a great place, it's really nice when property can be kept in the family for generations.

Limestone likes this.
  8. Joey Gibbs

Joey Gibbs Member

So this weekend two things happened. 1, it snowed a solid 12" on Saturday so I got to try out my new Pirelli winter tires and lift kit. It did awesomely and was really fun ripping around the unplowed streets before others had a chance. 2, I figured out how to finally get my remote starter and power locks wired up. The starter was a little bit of a pain in the butt finding the correct wire to use for the Tach learn. It turned out to be the negative side of the injector. I'm guessing this would be the same place to install a Tach then as well. I also got the power locks wired up to the remote starter module so everything works from one remote. As usual, it was a busy weekend with the Mini.

9. Limestone

That's great to hear! Enjoy
    Limestone

10. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I made it to the hardware store and bought 4@80-lbs bags of SackCrete, for ballast when I run the plow. Figured out that bags of sand cost more per bag, and take more bags because they weight fifty pounds, and the SackCrete weighs in at 80-lbs per bag. Figure they will get a bit of moisture on them over the winter, and set up. Then I can just reuse them indefinitely.

Plow goes on this weekend.

11. Limestone

That's a smart idea Jig's!
    Limestone

12. Limestone

It never ends! Thank God! So I built a bench that my bride has been talking about for a while, out of 3 inch oak! I planed it and got it ready for tomarrow, as it's supposed to rain! Today was cool, 45-50 degrees! Finished up some outside stuff, all's good! I'll finish the Oak Bench, for Mama tomarrow, indoors! Getting things ready for Hunt camp Stay Healthy all!
    Limestone

13. Limestone

Had fun today, as I got the bench built! Several other things ready for Hunt camp, even some clean up in the shop! Got the leaf Vac. put away, as 50 to 60 mph winds were about today! Stay Healthy all!

14. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Ran all around the hunting camp the last 3 trips and today, I got concerned the fuel gauge might not be reading correctly. because surely I should be down 7 gallons by now and I was still reading just under 3/4 tank. So I gassed her up from a 5 gallon can and was able to get 4 to go in before it was full. So the gauge is about right after all.

Limestone likes this.
  15. Joey Gibbs

Joey Gibbs Member

here is the link to my youtube video, I made a timelapse of the painting process.

movemint and installater like this.
  16. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

You sure get a lot done in 5 min., beautiful job, congratulations.

Limestone likes this.
  17. Joey Gibbs

Joey Gibbs Member

Thanks Jim!
    Ya, it feels like it was slightly more than 5 min but close, haha. It actually only took about a month. for everything. She is my daily driver now and it's not too bad at all.

18. Ohkei Dohkei

Nice work!

19. Limestone

That's smart to check! Takes the guess work out, and eliminates problems down the road!

20. Limestone

Well, Gonna Go sit in the woods for a couple weeks and try to unwind from all of this Non sense going around! Gonna meet with the Forester and solidify some future plans for harvesting, and preserving the woods around us! Talk with some neighbors, Farmers, and just plain good Folk! For me it'll be fun! NO TV. Just the music or stuff we choose to listen to, like Old Mother Nature, and such! Check back with Ya'll when I can!
    Limestone

21. Ohkei Dohkei

Enjoy! I have most of the rest of the year off as well, and once I get some honeydo's taken care of, I'm in the woods myself!

Casey M Pinch and Limestone like this.
  22. Mark D Baughn

Mark D Baughn New Member

You got any pics of that setup? I'm wanting to order the same configuration, but I'm concerned about 5" backspacing. It clears the strut 100%?

23. Fasha

Fasha New Member

I got my truck Nitto tires from 4WheelOnline. The tires have excellent performance on rough terrains which makes driving easier and smoother. :)

24. Jigs-n-fixtures

Today, I got the CV boots done, not too bad.

Last weekend, I replaced the battery. Forgot to turn the lights off, on Friday evening the week before, and figured it out the next Thursday. Left it on the charger over night. But, six days of constant drain, when the daily high is in the low thirties, and the lows in the teens, had killed of the battery. After 24-hours on the charger, it only had 1.5 volts.

Had to trim so extra plastic off the case to get the battery hold down to work. Other than that pretty straight forward.

25. Limestone

Jigs,
    We've all been there before, right? Was the new battery a little different in size? Is that why you had to trim the plastic trim! I'm glad you got the CV Boots done! Where did you wind up getting them from? What brand or, what did you use for boots?
    Limestone

26. Jigs-n-fixtures

The boots came off eBay, there is a guy on there (atvpartsconnection) who has the cv joints and boots for ATVs, and the S110 uses the same CV joints as a couple of the ATVS. So, he was less expensive than getting from any of the MiniTruck sites. I bought two sets off him one for the 75LAC and one for the 71LAC. I ended up using the 75LAC set, so the other set goes back tomorrow.

On the battery, I stuffed a 35/75 battery in it about five years ago (9/15), when I first got it, that had a five year warranty. And, leaving the lights on for five days killed it. The new battery had some plastic ribs at the top, to support the lift handle. And, they were in the way of the mounting j-bolts. So, I took a hand plane and bobbed them off, enough to clear the bolts.

27. Limestone

Gotchya!

28. Limestone

Fasha,
    I'm not sure what you own, or drive, or what you put your Nitto tires on! I didn't see your Signature in your profile!
    Limestone

29. Limestone

Jigs,
    It almost seems like it's getting harder to get a battery to go longer than 5 yrs. anymore! I guess by leaving the lights on by mistake, you probably finished her off! As an everyday driver, You were smart to replace it with a new one! Especially in your extreme conditions!
    Limestone

30. Limestone

Finally got all the Hunting trip stuff unpacked, cleaned up and gone over. I like to make any improvements, and repairs necessary, so were ready to go, in the future! Getting ready to start a few projects on the Mini Truck! Still got a 4 Wheeler to tear apart, with a seal, gasket leak. Will check that out and completely go over, what's needed to improve, and upgrade as needed! Stay Safe Everyone!
    Limestone