1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do to your Mini Truck today

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by PedroNZ1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. PedroNZ1

PedroNZ1 New Member

So post what you have done to your Mini Truck, modifications, or what you have made for your Truck.
    Your truck is your unique & wonderful thing, do as you please with it.

So I made a head board that ataches to the back of the Cab, and two outside tray bolts just behind the cab, I also made a rear rack so I can carry my Kayak, when Summer rolls around here again.

Attached Files:

2. installater

installater Member

I'm a Ford type of Guy so I thought the mini should look like this
    IMG_0262.jpg IMG_0268.jpg IMG_0273.jpg

Nice yak rack by the way
    Still have some new coil springs to install
    and switch to led lights
    Every time I read a post I am getting new Ideas
    and there's a lot of Posts
    Regards
    Brian

Limestone likes this.
  3. lowranger

lowranger Member

I washed mine inside and out to see what I have. I just got it 3 days ago.

4. Michael Sassin

Michael Sassin New Member

I ordered some 13" 4X100 steel wheels a few days ago and discovered the factory specification for 1990 Suzuki Every JoyPop wheels is incorrect. The wheels on my recently acquired van are 4X114.3. I have an adapter on the way. Also recently, I've started to reupholster the interior rear hatch and cargo side panels. I have the rear hatch interior panel finished and it turned out well. Waiting for warmer weather to skin the side panels. Contact cement is some potent stuff and I'm doing the work outside on my deck. Hatch Panel.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. Michael Sassin

Michael Sassin New Member

Rear hatch

Attached Files:

6. alex1231444

alex1231444 New Member

Hallo, ich habe eine gute Autoteileseite gefunden, die Ihnen auch weiterhelfen wird.

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

I’m working on a hard tonneau cover for the bed. I use mine as a daily driver. There isn’t a lot of room in the cab for groceries, and got I tired of having to set them in the bed full of snow.

I’ll try to remember to take some photos to post.

AZmini-t likes this.
  8. Adam Wheeler

Adam Wheeler Member

A tonneau cover like one of the following?

Just some ideas.

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Spent the day, working on the tiny truck. Got the har tonneau into place, and the first coat of paint on it. Tomorrow I have to work out the lift cylinders.

And hopefully we finish installing the seat covers tomorrow. My buddy got distracted by a flag system, that indicates whether your mailbox has been opened. Really handy, in the winter, when it’s below zero, and your deciding whether to walk the 100-yds to the mail box.
    7DE81B17-C865-4A07-ADF7-29679D101B3A.jpeg
    Tonneau in place
    A5033CF3-6038-4945-A62C-1506D8C3959D.jpeg
    C973B518-BF5E-4CD8-9D4D-A3CAC1A59D90.jpeg

Limestone likes this.
  10. Jigs-n-fixtures

Paint hadn’t dried on the top for the tonneau. So, we worked on some other things.

The seat covers are together, and seats are back in the truck.

Decided to install the LED headlights, and realized that we were in position to pull the speaker wires into the doors. Didn’t have everything, I need to actually put speakers in, but getting the wires into place, is a good step forward.

Still need to determine whether I want to wire the daytime running lights, or just tie them to the regular running lights. leaning to wiring them as regular running lights. I don’t really want lights turning on with the key, when I’m out hinting. Bought LED bulbs for the turn and running lights. I’ll put them in when I put it back together.

Speaking of putting things back together, does anyone know of a source for the clips which hold the headlight surrounds on? If I cant find a couple, I’ll have to punt and come up with some kind of screw mountings.

11. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Jigs,
    Not sure which clips you need. Why don't you just google "headlight suround holdown clips"? Ther's a ton of clips offered, especialy on amazon. If I had some,I'd send em to you!
    Limestone

12. Jigs-n-fixtures

On the Headlight surrounds of the S100 series there are two small clips on the inner side of the Headlight surrounds, which look like miniature door panel clips.

About a 3/16-inch diameter pin half an inch long, with a couple of half inch squares of plastic about an 1/8th of an inch apart on the non pointy end. The Squares slide onto a slot on the surrounds, and then go into receivers on the body. Which was probably really handy in the factory, because you only had one screw to deal with. But like all plastics they have aged, and I broke two of the four getting the bezels out, even using the right panel tool, and being careful.

I looked online for a couple of hours last night. Even tried eBayUK, hoping I might find them there. I did find a couple of the surrounds.

upload_2020-2-3_14-8-32.jpeg
    On this one they are both there on the left side
    upload_2020-2-3_14-10-29.jpeg
    On this one, the one on the top is there, and the one on the bottom is missing.

I think I’ll just fill the stand off with Bondo, and then drill through to to the front, and counterbore that hole to reset a stainless bolt, and paint the surrounds black.

Limestone and Jamison Lure & Fly like this.
  13. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Jigs,
    Gotchya, I like your fix idea. Just finished the front struts, springs, and built the 2" lift for the front. I just pulled the rear leaf springs off to get re shaped and re bent, along with adding a helper leaf!
    Limestone

14. I finished sanding and polishing the new paint job and started putting the bumper, new wheels and new tires back on. I still need to paint the bed, gates and bar.
    IMG_7190 (3).jpg IMG_7187.jpg IMG_7191.jpg

15. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

jealous is me! some day mine will get new skin!

16. Jigs-n-fixtures

Nice job on the paint. I’m still debating whether to paint mine, or go with a camo wrap.

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  17. installater

installater Member

Now you won't want to get it DIRTY

Limestone and Jamison Lure & Fly like this.
  18. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Jamison,
    Looking good! Jigs, I was debating the same thing. I understand the wrap can be pricey, and a challenge to install, even with a heat gun.
    Limestone

Jamison Lure & Fly likes this.
  19. No new skins... I ground out the rust holes and back filled with jb weld, then topped with body filler and sanded. Don't laugh, but I sprayed 3 color layers with a $10 Harbor Freight HLVP air gun using a 4 - 2 - 1 mix of Rustoleum Farm & Implement Paint, acetone, and catalyst hardener and it laid down almost perfectly. I then 3 clear coats with a 3-1 mix of Finish1 FC710 clear urethane and FH612 hardener.

Limestone likes this.
  20. I really like the look of the wrap, but I saw a mini truck that someone did with rattle can flat camo in tan, black, olive and green and then sprayed a satin clear coat. It looked amazing!