1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I got impatient...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ironraven, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Instead of waiting until my county ordinance passes I decided to just go ahead and buy a truck. Worst case scenario I can use it for plowing and running around the farm, fencing etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rode the motorcycle the 164 miles there, loaded her in the truck (Yes the bike BARELY fit lol, I had to take off one of the pipes to close the tailgate...) and drove back! For those curious, my initial estimates are 164 miles on 4.5 gallons of fuel for a whopping 36.4 mpg! I was driving 90-100 kph the whole way too... the truck is a 5 speed. I'm pleased!

1996 Suzuki Carry (wife has named "Takumi" lol we're nerds)
    5 speed w/ axle lock and super low extra 1st gear
    49k KM's
    $3900.00

All in all not bad. And the first thing I did with it was go off road to herd some escaped cattle back in to their proper paddock, I'm hooked!

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

Welcome to the club ! ;)

z

Ironraven likes this.
  3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Thanks! I'll be looking through your posts for details on those geo 13" wheels... because I definitely want to upgrade.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Nice! Love the pic with the bike in the back!

Ironraven likes this.
  5. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I wish I'd taken a few more pics with the bike in there; it was pretty intense! I couldn't even see out the back OR the passenger's side mirror because the saddlebag was sticking out in the way... and the seller neglected to mention that the driver's side mirror was history.

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Hey, I've been digging and digging and can't find anyone who has a replacement mirror... anyone have a right side mirror they want to sell for a reasonable price? If not I'm going to have to resort to buying some "universal" crap...

7. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Nice truck..and bike...looks like you got a good price as well:)

Ironraven likes this.
  8. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Thanks guys :) I'm already scheming which wheels to buy and mocking up plans for front and rear bumper/hitch combos in my head as well as perusing spray on bed liner options :D

9. fupabox

It's an addiction that will need constant feeding:D:p;)

10. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Yeah, I'm a gearhead anyway... so I'm always messing with stuff. Luckily these little fellas are simple enough that I can do most of it myself, fab parts, not worry if my paint job looks like crap because I can always re-do it for next to nothing etc. Not so much with other vehicles I've owned. My main concern now is making it look and feel enough like a "normal" vehicle that when I show it at my ordinance hearing on the 26th it will win over any skeptics. So for me I think slightly larger wheels are my primary concern. I've been looking at some nice 13x5.5 white steel wheels...

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/PACER-310W – White Spoke-White Gloss.html

11. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice. And it looks like you got a good deal too.

Ironraven likes this.
  12. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

looks sweet! way to go man!

Ironraven likes this.
  13. o8k

o8k Member

Way to go! Congrats!!! Hope all goes well on the ordinances! You will enjoy that truck regardless!!

i had to do a little haggle haggle, but i got my 14" rims for 35 bones each including tax. Put some fisk classic 195/70 R14s on there too for another 50/tire. All in all it came out great, best set of tires yet! (3rd set total).

[​IMG]

Ironraven likes this.
  14. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

o8k, did you have to lift your truck to fit those wheels and tires? I think those are very similar to the ones my wife has for her winter tires on her mini cooper :)

15. erixun

erixun Member

A little late I know, I just got back from a vacation, but nice truck!

16. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

:) Thanks! I've been having fun with it already and hopefully will get it road legal in my county today! Wish me luck :D

17. Stuff99

*wishes you luck*

18. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Whoop whoop!!! My ordinance passed mini trucks are now street legal in Carlton County MN!!! :D I'm so freeking stoked! There was one naysayer but I had a quick comeback to every one of his crabass curmudgeon bullshit comments. I'm going to start a thread that will document the process and all that crap tomorrow for anyone who wants to try and do the same!

19. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Thanks man, I got a little depressed for awhile there, but buying the truck lit a fire under my butt again to get things rolling :D I got some friends to show up too and I'm pretty sure that was what tipped the balance in my favor.

20. fupabox

Good going...congrats:)

21. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Well alright! Way to go. :)

I haven't heard anything about the bill that was before the Wisconsin legislature.

22. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Thanks guys! I'm still sorta in shock... it was a wild ride that I wasn't sure was going to end up well right until the end. Now to move on to the next county :p

23. Stuff99

woot! way to go man!

hmmm only 10 hour drive away :D

24. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

The next county I'm working on is St Louis county... so we'll see how that goes! Then I can drive from my farm house to my city house and my job. Which would be nice.