1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowplow on Honda, Diahatsu or Mits?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I just bought three mini trucks and will be putting a snow plow on the one I decide to keep. The other two will be sold. One of the trucks is a '93 Honda AWD that only has 64,000 kilo on it and is in very nice shape. I like the layout better than the other two, a '92 Mitsubishi and a '93 Diahatsu but the truck has no 4 low so I'm wondering if I would burn out the clutch trying to plow with it this winter. The Diahatsu has 4 hi and low and also has a diff lock. Would it be a better choice? The Mitsubishi has a dump box with 4 hi and low but no diff lock. It's in decent shape but the other two are in better shape overall.

2. I've never installed a plow on a Diahatsu but i'm pretty sure that the Hijets don't have as much "meat" underneath to secure a plow. I have put front receivers on Mitsu's and they seem to have a suitable amount of support to handle plowing.